Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE (HA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established to address the human rights needs of vulnerable persons in the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Visualization Specialist
Location: Akwa Ibom
- The Data Visualization Specialist under the supervision of the Director Strategic Information will lead the presentation of HAN program data using modern data visualization techniques to inform program strategies and approaches including policy shift at the local, state, national and global levels
- Importantly, he/she will build the capacity of team members on a wide range of data visualizations methods and practices related to public health and high impact social programmes data reporting
- Candidates must possess creative and adaptive thinking skills, be resourceful, and have a passion for complex data analytics, through polished and engaging reports, presentation and visuals
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Strategic Information Unit team across the Country, Regional and State and Zonal offices to clearly communicate project data and research findings through geo-spatial representation, dashboards, data visualizations, interactive charts, graphs and other tools to diverse audiences
- He/she will identify the best opportunities to use data analysis, graphic design and/or programming expertise to visually depict monitoring and implementation research data accurately and in ways that are accessible, engaging, innovative, and relevant to target audiences. He should be able to demonstrate ability to stimulate data-oriented program management and inform decision-making through innovation, collaboration, and technical expertise
- He/She must have the ability to actively participate in the HAN research agenda improvement and implementation.
Education and / or Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health preferred, with specialized skills in Information Computation Design, Computer and Information Sciences, Graphic Design, Basic Statistics, Data Visualization, Media Arts and Sciences, or equivalent with 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with HIV / AIDS programs especially donor funded programs in the country.
- Knowledge of geo-spatial, graphics and visualization tools such as Arc GIS, Adobe CS 5 Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Flash, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization using tools such as SAS, Excel, SPSS, MatLab/R.
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information and/or large data sets and translate them for use in graphic or interactive visualizations for the web and/or other media.
- Experience in developing different types of visualization products.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple diverse groups across teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills – strong oral, written communication, and presentations skills as evidenced by publications or cover letter.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory – Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Regularly explore HAN databases and reporting platforms (LAMIS, DMEL, DATIM) to present geo-spatial analysis of data to guide deployment of programmatic efforts and resources.
- Collaborate with a team of Strategic Information and Knowledge Management staff, Health Informatics, program/clinical staff, and technical subject matter experts to solve problems and convey key messages using data visualization approaches, techniques, and methods.
- Develop intuitive and attractive static and interactive data visualizations using routine program monitoring data for power-point presentations, websites, annual and quarterly reports, presentations to donors and other stakeholders.
- Interpret and produce unique data visualizations for a variety of implementation research products, including reports, briefs, presentations and peer reviewed journal articles.
- Distill quantitative and qualitative data to communicate compelling stories to diverse audiences.
- Establish data visualization standards and explore new, cutting-edge tools to periodically raise those standards.
- Communicate results through presentations, reports, tools, and data visualizations for program beneficiaries, internal staff, scientific journals, and other publications.
- Build capacity of HAN staff in data visualization.
- Collaborate with teams in proposal writing and new program development.
Deadline: 3rd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online