Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, TA Hub
Job Code: 5173
Contract Duration: Eleven (11) Months
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will provide oversight and lead the delivery in performance monitoring and evaluation for the TA Hub.
- S/he will be responsible for monitoring progress with the achievement of the program objectives using quantitative and qualitative research tools.
- S/he will collaborate with the DAI Knowledge Management and Communications team, and the TA Hub’s Implementation Research Partner to synthesize data generated through the Hub and its deployments, develop knowledge products, and disseminate these through various channels.
- S/he will be responsible for making recommendations on how to adjust and adapt the project’s activities based on past performance as measured and evaluated over time.
- In collaboration with the project management unit and the TA Hub staff, implement the overall framework for the project’s M&E systems, generating performance data for results-based reporting, baseline, and impact surveys.
- Implement the project’s PMP to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and leadership team.
- S/he will be responsible for managing M&E systems and data management systems for the Technical Assistance (TA) Hub, ensuring accurate and timely documentation and reporting of project results and outcomes according to the M&E plan.
- S/he will draft project reports in compliance with DAI and Donor requirements and conduct staff and partner training to enable them to comply with the M&E system setup for the project.
- Facilitate state-of-the-art knowledge management practices and real-time, applied, and collaborative learning processes. Generate robust evidence for the project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision-making, and influence.
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure the inclusion of M&E activities.
- Monitor project activities and tracking achievements against the results framework.
- Conduct field visits for data validation to monitor the quality and completeness of project performance data.
- Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program implementation and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data.
- Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
- Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donors, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports. Collaborate with the TA Hub team and subsequently, the steady-state Hub’s Program Manager to compile and submit reports to the donor.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting.
- Conduct data-inputting for M&E and is the chief person responsible for maintaining all databases relating to project performance under the TA Hub.
- Provide routine input into the project activity tracker system to ensure that all project M&E activities run smoothly and are well-coordinated across all sub-awardees.
- Participate, as appropriate and as directed in the design and implementation of performance monitoring and verification systems.
- Support compliance with any requests related to Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and develop Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRs).
- Lead the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative information
- Organize and conduct M&E planning meetings periodically
- Support training processes and regularly enhance the knowledge and skillsets of project staff and Technical partners on a range of performance management subjects, M&E, and data quality.
- Develop and implement practical monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Demography, or other related Social Sciences.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public health programs; specific expertise in M&E for health systems strengthening, and RMNCH programmes is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluating health programmes, using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of internationally-recognized best practices and trends in monitoring and evaluation development programmes, including donor-funded programmes.
- Experience in facilitating M&E capacity building for diverse targets, including for partner organizations.
- Familiarity with multiple donor M&E systems, reporting processes, and program indicators.
- Good understanding of National Health M&E systems, reporting processes, and program indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS-Office software and appropriate statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities.
- Willingness to travel as the need arises
Job Title: Program Manager, TA Hub
Job Code: 5174
Contract Duration: Eleven (11) Months
- The Program Manager will manage subgrantees as they implement programs/projects. S/he will provide technical support and oversight to TA partners providing TA to the states. The Program Manager will manage a portfolio of service delivery grants in selected states.
The Program Manager will support the TA Hub Incubation Manager and subsequently the Executive Director of the steady state Hub to carry-out the following:
- Support states to articulate TA requests for submission to potential donors
- Analyze donor RFPs, coordinate and support the drafting of proposal responses with all parties to ensure all required technical and cost documents are drafted, reviewed, and submitted in accordance to proposal requirement
- Once proposal is won, develop RFP and supporting criteria for subgrantees to respond to
- Coordinate review of proposals by independent review committee
- Review the recommendations of the IRC, and select implementing partners
- Engage selected partners and begin implementation strategy
- Manage the deployment of TA partners to states to provide technical assistance, ensuring states are fully engaged to promote ownership and sustainability
- Institute effective project management systems and processes between the implementing partners
- Work closely with Grants Manager and Finance Manager in managing TA Partners Grants
Manage TA Delivery:
- Manage partnerships and grantee relationships to ensure learning and impact, for example, by conducting site visits, convening meetings of key stakeholders, working closely with M&E specialist and Grants Manager to monitor and evaluate components of grants
- Facilitate problem-solving sessions with implementing partners to ensure effective implementation
- Conduct periodic site visits to project sites to evaluate approach of implementation
- Coordinate KMC, MEL and IR components of the TA Hub
- Review progress of program implementation (using defined KPIs) and supporting implementing partners to resolve bottlenecks through innovative strategies and advocacy
- Provide quality assurance to partners reports and submissions
- Facilitate other TA Hub stakeholder engagement activities
- Ensure the development and timely completion of contract documentation and technical reports, such as: contract deliverables, progress reports, trip reports, strategic plans, workplan revisions, technical and strategy papers, financial reports, and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Collaborate with grant management division to fulfill the reporting requirements throughout the grant award period
- Supervise performance management and impact evaluations of projects
- Support partners in engaging with government
- Participate in partner’s implementation activities to ensure compliance with the TA Hub operating principles
- Maintain a working relationship with key stakeholders (government, donors, and partners)
- Keep key stakeholders updated on progress of implementation (government and donors)
- Assist the finance and grants management team with program reports to aid them in disbursement of funds to subgrantees
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualification
- 7-10 years of proven experience in public health service delivery management in TA Nigerian setting.
- Experience providing advice to government, donor, implementing agency, and other national-level stakeholders in developing countries.
- Have an in depth understanding of the Nigerian health system, as well as economic, social, and political factors that influence health outcomes.
- In-depth experience in broader public health with a strong development orientation backed with excellent management capabilities.
- Experience in managing complex delivery of health programs, with evidence of achievement of significant results whether directly or indirectly influenced.
- Experience in M&E will be an added advantage
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Very good communications skills
- Excellent oral and written English
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist, TA Hub
Job Code: 5171
Contract Duration: Eleven (11) Months
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist is responsible for promoting and utilizing the organisation’s knowledge assets. They work both internally through the company and externally with the company’s stakeholders.
- The role involves the strategic capture and sharing of technical knowledge grounded in Hub and its partners’ work.
- In consultation with DAI SKMC Manager and subsequently the Executive Director of the steady-state Hub, the KMC Specialist defines relevant themes for knowledge management and then works closely with the M&E Specialist to harness and package knowledge for dissemination to clients, beneficiaries and peer organisations.
Reports to DAI SKMC Manager and subsequently the Executive Director of the steady state Hub:
- Strong qualitative research skills: Design questions, lead interviews, focus group discussions & draw valuable information
- Proficiency collaborating with M&E on the evaluation of data and evidence to develop and share findings for improved initiative design and implementation to ensure learning and adaptation
- Proficiency communicating and disseminating results to ensure outcomes, achievements, results, successes, challenges, lessons are documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Engages champions; collaborates with program managers, partners, to expand learning activities
- Identify internal learning needs within the TA Hub and develop a comprehensive and applicable learning strategy for program staff within and outside the Hub
- Support program managers and other subject matter experts in the development and review of written, audio, and video knowledge products according to work plans to ensure consistency and quality of deliverables.
- Work with the program managers to generate communication material such as news, blogs, and feature materials for publication in key specialist and general-interest media, public health platforms, and networks in Nigeria
- Determine key PHC/health systems strengthen policy debates to which the TA Hub can contribute
- Contribute to efforts to mainstream innovation processes into existing strategy and program development processes within the organization, as needed
- Coordinate development and dissemination of a monthly newsletter to raise and maintain awareness of the focus and priority areas of the TA Hub
- Lead planning and hosting of knowledge-sharing events to ensure broad dissemination of the Hub’s
- Develop and maintain knowledge repositories and platforms such as website and social media
- Represent the TA Hub at conferences, meetings, and other industry events.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 7+ years of experience (preferred) in a humanities or management discipline such as communications, organisational learning, international development, international affairs, or a relevant advanced degree
- Proven capacity for strategic planning, annual work planning, and budget development and implementation
- Excellent research, report writing, and technical writing skills are critical
- Demonstrated understanding of the competencies required to successfully implement a knowledge management portfolio and draw on them to achieve results: communication; social media; ICT; graphics design; video production; photography
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Events management and facilitation skills
- An understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and organizational learning activities
- Experience in several international development sectors and an understanding of the themes, issues, approaches, ethos, actors & mission
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and organizational learning programs
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities.
Job Title: Finance Manager, TA Hub
Job Code: 5170
Contract Duration: Eleven (11) Months
- The Finance Manager will work closely with the TA Hub Incubation Manager and subsequently, the Executive Director of the steady-state Hub to determine long-term financial goals and developing strategies to achieve the financial objectives of the TA Hub.
- The Finance Manager will manage the organisation’s financial operations, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, production of financial statements and reports, and advisement of the senior management team on financial decisions.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining internal controls while overseeing financial systems and related compliance requirements.
Reports to TA Hub Incubation Manager and subsequently the Executive Director of the steady state Hub:
- Lead the day-to-day accounting operations including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, and maintenance of the general ledger and other financial transactions
- Maintain and update the accounting spreadsheets, journal logs to ensure that it is compliant with organizations rules and regulations, and any other relevant legislation
- Prepare receipts and vouchers and their proper formats, so that the financial details can be entered correctly in the accounting system
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports (income statements and balance sheets) in an accurate and timely manner; communicate monthly and annual financial statements to ED
- Oversee the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and produce monthly budget versus actual reports.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the Board of Directors; assess any changes necessary
- Update and implement all the required business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual
- Assist and guide the Board by providing relevant financial information during budgeting, accounts to donors and other decision-making activities
- Liaise with HR to determine the amount to be paid to employees based on the number of days
- Ensure timely payment of staff, suppliers and vendors and adherence to all requisite country laws during transactions (e.g., remittance of taxes (PAYE, WHT, VAT, etc.)
- Ensure all cash and cheque payments are made without any delay for the smooth run of the programme activities
- Participate in logistic activities by participating, Tender and, Quotation evaluation committee
- Work with Grants Manager to produce financial reports for donors and other funder grants; maintain shared grant reporting calendar due dates and submissions, including all necessary financial deliverables as stated per grant awards and contracts.
- Evaluate financial reports to analyze progress and review grant expenditure in comparison to the estimated budget
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system for TA partners to ensure adherence to the contract billing and collection schedule.
- Ensure steady financial data and cash flow to support operational requirements.
- Work with Grants Manager and Project Manager to collate and analyze sub-grant recipients’ financial reports
- Ensure recipients are paid on time.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in financial management in an NGO
- 5+ years, experience overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects (estimated annual budget of $15 million
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Professional certification in Accounting (ACCA or equivalent) is required
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control principles
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing annual budgets of $15 million or larger
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience effectively navigating accounting software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in strategic thinking as it relates to department plans, staff development, and customer service.
Deadline: 3rd July, 2020.