Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor – Pool
Location: Pulka & Gwoza, Gwoza LGA, Borno State
Report to: Medical Activity Manager
Report to (functional): Medical Activity Manager
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: N/A
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Education: Education Medical Doctor, MBBS or equivalent, from an accredited institution/Medical College plus 1 year clinical internship.
- Experience 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Experience in gynecology & obstetrics with knowledge of Csections and instrumental delivery is desirable. Having experience in tropical medicine or post-registration experience in Public Health is an asset.
- Experience in Paediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general medicine and minor surgery is necessary.
- English and Hausa essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- People Management
N5,973,591 NGN per annum (Basic salary + 13th Month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply
Application Deadline 27th June, 2020 at 1700 hours.