The Eye foundation hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Secretary
Reports To: Consultant/Medical Director
- A Medical Secretary ensures that all patient information processed maintains its quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper files and electronic systems to maintain patients’ medical and treatment histories.
- Performs secretarial duties utilizing specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or procedures.
- An Ordinary National Diploma in any Medical Science related course is required e.g. Health Education, Science Laboratory Techniques, Medical Lab Scientist
- An Ordinary National Diploma in any Medical Science related course is required e.g. Health Education, Medical Records, Medical Lab Scientist
- A sound knowledge of data entry is required for this role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as in a similar role is required.
- Must be able to type 60 words per minute
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, regulations and medical office procedures; knowledge of medical coding is strongly desired
- Sound knowledge of MS Office, databases and record systems
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication (Written, oral and listening) skills
Your duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Record patient history, exam notes, operative reports, referral letters, discharge summaries, and other documents.
- Translate medical abbreviations and jargon into the appropriate long form.
- Follow patient confidentiality guidelines and legal documentation requirements.
- Enter medical reports into record systems (Indigo).
- Generates reports based on consultantТs request.
- Perform quality improvement audits.
- Enter medical diagnoses and recommendations into patients’ medical records on the information management system.
- Mine data for reports, presentations etc. for strategic business decision making.
- Identify inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a report that could compromise patient care.
- Compiling and recording medical charts, reports, and correspondences
- Follow up with the consultant to ensure that reports are accurate.
- Submit health records for consultants to approve.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- All applications should be submitted not later than Tuesday, 30th June, 2020.
- This position is for all Eye Foundation locations, (Ikeja, Abuja, Ikorodu, Lekki, VI, Abeokuta and Ijebu)
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications.
- Eye Foundation Hospital Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline Tuesday, 30th June, 2020.