Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Warri, Delta
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer supports the design, development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system within the assigned area. S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation.
- The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs. These positions will be based in the Warri office, with frequent travel to the field within the respective regions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate weekly with the Associate DMEL Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all DMEL tasks and reports.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with the Associate DMEL Manager and program team when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Media & Communications office when developing impact assessments, success stories, newsletters and weekly reporting.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on history of site visits; present findings to Associate DMEL Manager in a concise and professional manner.
- Support quality, conflict sensitive, innovative and effective DMEL process in Niger Delta;
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase in assigned areas.
- In concert with the Associate DMEL Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level projects.
- Conduct DQA and Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Quarterly Reports.
- Implementing SFCG M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, listenership surveys, data collection processes, monitoring missions and evaluations in the Niger Delta;
- Coordinate monthly reflection and learning sessions with Search Staff in the State offices.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Research Methodologies, Social Sciences or related disciplines; or a related area;
- Minimum of two to five years of work experience in design, monitoring and evaluation methodologies, of which at least one year of experience in the peacebuilding M&E;
- At least a year experience working in South South Nigeria
- Proven experience of using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools;
- Knowledge of participatory methods, mixed methods, outcome mapping and/or impact evaluation techniques;
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Collaborative working style that enables coaching and training in M&E principles and best-practices
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate evaluations, including experience developing evaluation terms of reference and recruiting and managing consultants;
- Extensive knowledge and application of proposal design principles;
- Knowledge of data software such as STATA, SPSS;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
Deadline: 15th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified canidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is only open to Nigerian national.
- Interested candidates should send the following documents via the application linke above:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website: www.sfcg.orgfor full details of our work.