FOAK Business Solutions Limited – Our client, Cardinal Torch Company Limited is looking to recruit passionate and qualified candidates to fill the position below:
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Agricultural Scientist
- Responsible for developing more cost-effective ways of producing agricultural products by researching and experimenting with plant yields, animal reproduction and nutrition, and farm management. Focused on basic research by understanding the processes behind the growth of crops and animals and in applied research, by turning that knowledge into practical methods for improving food quality.
- Must communicate the advantages of their findings to colleagues, managers and the public through reports and presentations.
- Responsible for studying and assessing agricultural productivity, ensuring all agricultural elements that go into food production are not only productive in nature, but are safe.
- Study the effects of different farming techniques, pets and varying environmental factors that also affect outputs.
- Develop/design and implement scientific methods in agricultural activities and field experiments to solve issues.
- Educate farmers and other agriculturalists on scientific farming methods. Liaise with farmers and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and collaborate in research with other agricultural scientists.
- Understand the needs of farming and agricultural communities.
- Develop scientific solutions for complex problems in agricultural issues.
- Study and develop newer scientific methods in biological processes and agricultural products.
- Writing grant proposals for research purposes.
- Conduct research of crops and animals aimed at improving farming techniques to enhance the efficiency and profitability of farm business, apply the results to tasks such as increasing crop and animal yields and improving the environment.
- Develop strategies and logistics in agricultural scientific initiatives.
- Conduct tests, collating and analyzing samples and compiling reports on any number of factors that affect agricultural production, using these reports to inform farmers, seed suppliers, etc of potential improvements to be made.
- Study, assess and evaluate agricultural productivity.
- Ensuring all work meets legislative requirements.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in relative field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the agricultural world. Candidate must know how it relates to food production, looking at efficiencies and ways to improve the process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science is the minimum requirement, masterТs degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Ц Word, Excel & Power point.
- Strong understanding of the market Ц by performing research and keeps up with industry trends.
- Business Intelligence Skills.
- Innovative; to uncover solutions to problems by investigating.
- Understanding the business principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be an excellent communicator to produce well written reports and communicating results to a wide range of shareholders.
- High Energy Level, multi-tasking & prioritizing skills
- Working in collaboration with others to ensure optimal research outcomes.
- Patient and methodical because accuracy over long periods of time is required.
- Research & Strategic analysis skills.
- Working alone in a methodical manner to generate data with which to work.
- Maintaining independence of thought, decisions and producing innovative solutions to problems.
Deadline: 15th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters & Updated CVs to: email@example.com using “Agricultural Scientist” as the subject of the email.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within a week of application closing date. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.