Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nurse – Pool
Locations: Pulka & Gwoza LGA, Borno
Reports To: Nurse Team Supervisor
Report To (functional): Nursing Activity Manager
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Working Hours: 48 per week
No of Places: One (01)
Contract Duration: N/A
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Participating in msf strategies of staff development (in ensuring teamwork and adherence to trainings, meetings)
- Ensuring all rapid test ( RDT, HB, Glucose …) requested by doctors are done in the ward without delay , and participating in urine test , stools sample collection by filling the lab form and submit the form immediately to the laboratory. All this in a very good collaboration with lab team and update the file of the patient accordingly.
- Ensuring a good, quality of waste management in the unit furthermore waste segregation and ensure that all the team members are respecting that related to the guideline and posters on the wall.
- Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit.
- Ensures triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration)
- Assists the doctors during their daily rounds and keeps them informed of the progress of each patient
- Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Fol-lowing the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Carry out his job with respect to MSF principles and patient confidentiality.
- Education: Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
- Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing Experience
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting Languages English and Hausa essential.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
- 3,014,622 NGN per annum (Basic salary + 13th Month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply
Application Deadline 27th June, 2020.