Ocean Crest Technologies Limited is an indigenous Nigeria construction company with over a decade experience.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Welder, Fitter, Steel Fabrication and Structural Technician
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant educational qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the steel fabrication, construction and welding industry
- Additional technical and professional training would be desirable.
- Excellent Job task planning and organizing
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
- This role will initially be a support role integrating in the commercial team but will offer career progression at a speedy rate.
The required competencies for this job include:
- GPS, geodetic and satellite surveying
- Applicable surveying procedures, standards and instruments
- Automated survey systems
- Applicable boundary laws, rules and regulations.
- Legal research methods
- Reading and interpreting applicable plans, schematics, blueprints and maps
- The use of surveying tools, equipment and instruments
- Planning, coordinating and handling multiple projects within area of responsibility to meet short and long term deadlines
- Leading, assigning, reviewing and monitoring the work of others
- The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems
- B.Sc. (Univrsity Degree) in Quantity Surveying
- M.Sc (Added advantage)
- The ideal candidate will have a good civil engineering background.
- Must have working experience on either New Build or Fitout/Refurb Projects.
- Ideally at least 2 years’ experience working for a Main Contractor.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders.
- Allocate work to subcontractors.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- On offer is career development through mentoring and training which comes with the potential to work on projects overseas and of course a competitive rate of pay.
Job Title: Design Draftsman
- Project Costing.
- Creating blueprints using special computer software (AutoCAD), and willing to learn other designing software.
- Converting sketches and verbal information to drawings.
- Producing workshop drawings based on the consultants, given information.
- Explaining/interpreting drawings to the workshop manager and workshop supervisors.
- Taking site measurements during the course of a project.
- Conducting supervision, at intervals, as project proceeds from the technical department to the workshop and finally, to site.
- Proposing secondary materials to be used on a project.
- Representing the company at project meetings during the construction stage of every project.
- Valuing the weight (in Kilogram or Tons), of a project.
- Production of material list.
- Kick starting project production process.
- B.Tech or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Structural Engineering.
- 5 -7 years post-graduation working experience. Experience in similar industry is an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Electrical works of press machines, cutting machines, bending machines, welding machines and so on.
- Dynamic and excellent knowledge of electrical wiring system.
- Knowledge in MS OFFICE and computer skills.
- Efficient worker with strong attention to details.
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in oral and written communication.
Deadline: 1st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com The Subject of the mail should be “Welder, Fitter, Steel Fabrication and Structural Technician”