Mathills Services Limited is a consulting firm that provides a wide range of human resource solutions with a business focus. We are a dynamic organization that excels in consulting, training, and delivering results. We provide current solutions and business innovations such as outsourcing and recruitment of quality talent, business consultancy, training and business process engineering to serve small to large size private, public and non-profit organizations across diverse sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. He/she should be an ambassador for the brand and the hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximize operations and guest satisfaction. Work very closely with the hotel owners and stakeholders.
- The General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long-term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stakeholders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment’s and services.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A University degree in Hotel Management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 5 years experience in the hospitality industry as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor
- The Front office primarily supervises front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and guest satisfaction. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to guest by providing accurate and timely information and services.
- He/she will also ensure hotel charges are processed diligently to guest accounts, invoices are accurate, billing instructions are verified, all necessary supporting bills and vouchers are attached for direct settlements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure outstanding customer care at all times.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Adhere to company credit limit / floor limit policies.
- Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guests preferences and special requests.
- Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department’s especially housekeeping, reservations etc.
- Cross Check all billing instructions are correctly updated
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Ensure Front office logbook and hotel log book is always updated and actioned upon.
- Ensures safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security, manager, or MOD.
- Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
- Takes responsibility in the absence of the Duty Manager / Front office manager
- As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills. Experience of motivating and leading a winning team. Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates Bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience as Front Office Associate / Front office cashier in a hotel.
Job Title: Chief Security Officer (CSO)
- As a Security Chief you are responsible to protect and safeguard all hotel guests, employees, their belongings and all hotel assets. Also ensuring that all hotel properties are adequately secured at all times.
- Responsible for preparing daily incident reports, requisitions and other inter office memos and ensure that all allegations of the crime and other incidents are investigated and properly recorded.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel.
- Ensure that all security staff provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure the safety and security of guest, staff, visitors and contractors at all times.
- Responsible to manage all safety & security, Fire Life Safety and food hygiene risks faced by the hotel.
- Liaise with all department heads to ensure hotel employees are adhering to established security procedures.
- Record and notify all risks, deviations from hotels safety standards and any untoward incidents.
- Track departmental safety record and document medically treated and non-treated injuries.
- Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
- Oversees and guides the efforts of the Fire and Safety Committee.
- Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
- Assign duties and schedule staff for balancing needs of the hotel and productivity standards.
- Monitor staff activity and coach subordinate performance.
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting or loitering around the hotel public or guest areas.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
- Ensure compliance with all security standards and preventative measures.
- Monitor and follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Conduct investigations and compile reports on a timely manner for any theft, loss, accidents or any aspect that risk the safety of the hotel.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Develops and maintains a monthly checklist for all CCTV equipment, alarmed doors, and panic / duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Conduct regular mock fire evacuation drill as per the hotels emergencies standards.
- Develop and advise key personnel of emergency procedures.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Establish crisis management and contingency planning.
- Conduct regular walk through rounds for observing the entire hotel.
- Supervision of all Security Personnel and giving clear direction on all security related aspects.
- Coordinate with external police authorities in the investigation and handling of crimes, accidents, Government Ministers moments etc., involving the hotel, its employees and / or guests
- Perform all tasks consistently in line with the hotel standards and adhere to all legal and statutory requirements.
- Interview, select, review and train new security officers according to hotels standards to maintain order throughout the hotel.
- Be available 24 hours a day for genuine emergencies within the property.
- Fluency in English in both written and spoken and the capability to follow safety and security rules and procedures without compromises at all times is essential.
- High school diploma or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major. Proficiency in Computers, CCTV, Fire and Safety systems.
- At least 4 years of experience in corporate security / law enforcement /military preferably worked in a hospitality environment.
Deadline: 10th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and Passport Photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.