Black Pen Recruitment – Our client, an American based remote company, is looking to hire a Account Manager located within Nigeria, to join their exciting and dynamic remote team in the vacant position below. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Do you have more than 4 years of excellent accounting experience? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
- As an Account Manager, you will be expected to do more than just the fundamental work. You will be a key member of their team and take extreme ownership for the product and its delivery.
- The ideal candidate has worked in the cryptocurrency / blockchain industry before and must not only have exceptional experience in accounting but is a highly self-motivated individual with strong work ethics, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Top candidates are critical thinkers who are eager to apply their skills
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings for crypto and fiats
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable for crypto and fiat positions
- Ensure timely bank payments of tax and other obligations
- Compute taxes and prepare returns
- Manage balance sheet and profit/loss statements for crypto and fiat across different countries of operations
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidently and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- 4+ years of experience in accounting
- Previous experience working in the accounting department for a crypto or blockchain company is advantageous
- Experience in handling tax and everything related to it
- Up to date with financial policies
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets
- Analytical and conducts work in a way that is meticulous and detail-orientated
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding financial status and liquidity to the team
- Able to employ critical thinking in managing account transactions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online