Fosad Consulting – Our client, an international Downstream Oil and Gas company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Oil Trader
Location: Lagos – Mainland, Lagos
- Responsible for the development and promotion of Base oil trading and interacting with companies involved in the refining, distribution, transportation, storage, blending and sale of hydrocarbons
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant or equivalent field
- Knowledge of storage management facilities- Blending
- Knowledge of refineries production in the African area and flows arriving to Lagos from other markets
- Knowledge and experience in trading refined products such as: Base oil, Gasoline and Naphtha, including derivatives management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in petroleum products trading, preferably Base oil trading in West Africa
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position
- Good knowledge of West & East African Markets
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to execute work with minimal error margin.
- Demonstrated exemplary negotiation skills.
- Experience managing profit and loss margins.
- Coordinating hedge strategies for cargoes, barges and storage to take advantage of market structure opportunities along the forward curve.
- Sourcing of Base Oil, Gasoline, Naphtha and blending components.
- Remaining current on the legal and economic issues affecting the hydrocarbon industry.
- A sound understanding of the relationship between physical and paper/derivative markets and the use and application of risk management instruments and techniques in general, but specifically related to structured transactions like storage transactions, quality and time exchanges.
- A sound understanding of contracts, finance, insurance, chartering, storage, etc., related to international energy trading.
- Contributing to development of business contracts, including evaluation and development of new opportunities.
- Participating in negotiations.
- Ensuring compliance with company policy and procedure, International Commercial (Inco) Terms, pipeline specifications, New and all local rules and regulations on energy trading.
- Revenue and Margins
- Volume and Profitability
- Effectiveness of Physical and Derivatives Strategy for the Trades.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the job title as email’s subject
Application Deadline 27th July, 2020.