Norrenberger is an Integrated Financial Services Group (Licensed & Regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) that operates a customer-focused business model offering clients a comprehensive range of financial products& services including Funds & Investment Management, Structured & Alternative Finance, SME Funding, Foreign Exchange and Business Advisory Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- The Financial Controller will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation.
- The Finance Controller responsibilities will also include tax management and administration, performance management, and act as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost and revenues analyses.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including managing the organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee accounting operations of the company and its subsidiaries
- Create an organizational structure within the accounting department to facilitate the achievement of the department’s short-term goals and long-term objectives.
- Manage and mentor junior personnel in the accounting department.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts and manage GL for accuracy
- Management of tax- VAT, WHT, PAYE. Liaise with the company’s tax consultant, auditor, and regulators for efficient tax management
- Advise and liaise with Operations on transaction postings to ensure that the correct GL are credited or debited
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
Financial Reporting and Budgeting:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual management account for management and regulators.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensure that financial reports comply with current accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Publish complete and timely financial statements to company executives, shareholders, and the board.
- Account for any budget variances and report significant discrepancies to management.
- Recommend benchmarks for the measurement of company financial performance goals.
- Responsible for the filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Provide regulatory reports to the compliance department for a rendition
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Experience & Qualification
- Minimum of Second Class Degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Chartered Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a minimum of 6 years working experience in the finance sector- Commercial Bank, Merchant Bank, Finance House, or National Microfinance Bank.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements- IFRS and IAS
- Demonstrated experience with the use of EasyBank Application
- Good knowledge of SEC and CBN policies on financial reporting
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with Auditors
- Ability to pay keen attention to details.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Internal/ External Contacts
- Internal Staff
- Auditors (PWC)
Key Competence Requirements:
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards- IFRS and IAS
- Use of EasyBank Application
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Vast across accounting and finance spectrum- Financial, Management, Tax, Audit and financial investigation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel, and Access.
- Able to work well in a team and on own initiative.
- Database Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic and with sound decision-making skills
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Timely delivery of reports
- Adherence to agreed turn around time/ SLA
- Timely delivery of the annual report
- Regulatory rating- Zero appetites for regulatory infractions
- Process Efficiency
- Customer Complain
Job Title: Brand Communications Manager
A Brand and Communications Personnel is responsible for managing all internal and external communications for the company ensuring its messages are consistent.
- Developing an integrated branding and communications strategy for the company incorporating PR, Marketing, and Online.
- Implementing communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organization.
- Developing relationships with key media outlets to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Writing press releases for local and national media.
- Ability to management and coordinate brand and product communications through the entire spectrums of the Print Media, Broadcast Media, Outdoor Media, and Internet Media
- Demonstrable experience with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and CRM Software
- Proven experience implementing and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns
- Solid knowledge of Business Intelligence and Web Analytics tools like Google Analytics, Woopra, etc. to measure site traffic and better optimize marketing campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms as well as display and search advertising
- Effective use of email marketing management platforms such as MailChimp, GetResponse, Constant Contact, Drip, SendInBlue
- Competent use of public relations management platforms such as Cision PRWeb
- Experience with technologies and best practices for web design, web production and creative designs across multiple platforms
- Hands-on experience with online marketing tools and media technologies such as blogs, RSS, video, webcasts, Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and project management skills
- Collating and analyzing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency.
- Developing and leading the company’s internal communication strategy.
- Initiating and Executing Internal and External events on behalf of the company
- Vendor Management and procurement of brand-related items.
- 5 – 6 years’ relevant brand management experience with exposure to the Financial and Capital market sector.
- Masters and a relevant certificate in communications is an added advantage.
- Strong passion and drive for excellence. Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills with curiosity and a great appetite for learning and creativity.
- Strong Knowledge of content creation and digital marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite / Working knowledge of IT tools.
Deadline: 31st July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.