AAN Associates – We are an international development and communication consulting firm providing advisory and implementation services to bi/multilateral donors, UN agencies, public entities, and non-profit organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Expert (Child Protection; Female Genital Mutilation and End Child Marriage)
Locations: Nigeria, Niger, Mali, Guinea and Ghana
- AAN Associates is looking for ‘Community Engagement Expert’ for a Multi-Country evaluation in West and Central Africa Region.
- The consultants must have experience on monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection, FGM and CM Programming and community engagement approaches.
Scope of Work:
- Evaluation in 5 countries (Nigeria, Niger, Mali, Guinea and Ghana).
- Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies in Community Work, Humanities, Development Studies, Behavior Change or related studies.
Following are the key requirements for the potential experts:
- A minimum of 07 years of professional experience in the field of community liaison and community engagement, inter-communal relations, behavior change communications or related areas is required
- Knowledge and understanding of the African problem (FGM & CM), and understanding of the mechanisms by which socio-historic narratives in society are constructed and remedied is desirable
- Good knowledge of UN/UNICEF approaches;
- Research and Evaluation experience for development and humanitarian projects/programme in Africa or similar regions is required
- Must be familiar with Community Engagement programming and approaches preferably for Child Protection, end Child Marriage (ECM) and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Demonstrated ability to work with patience remotely while maintaining impartiality and confidentiality is highly desirable
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding/experience in designing, implementing and evaluating behavior change and community engagement programmes/activities
- Excellent training skills;
- Past track record of project evaluation or research
- Ability to analyze community perceptions and develop indicators and relevant questions
- Must be fluent in both English and French.
Deadline: 10th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their short Profile and updated CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the mail.
Note: This opportunity is only available for those who comply with the above mentioned credentials.