Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Factory Manager – Expatriate
- Possess a relevant degree in Engineering, Business Administration and other related degrees
- A minimum of 20 years experience in a similar role in a steel fabrication industry.
- MBA and other additional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Professional qualifications in Project Management would be added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects to achieve results.
- Leadership and management capabilities
- Adequate knowledge of the construction industry, current trends and best practices
- Experience in managing operational activities.
- Significant problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and delegation skills.
- Strong understanding and interpretation of technical drawings.
- Vast interpersonal relationship and Can-Do- Spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal and Team-building skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Very effective organizational skills;
- Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel, AutoCAD and word processing programs;
- Time management and good judgment skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with Subordinates, Seniors and Clients.
- Must be technically sound.
As a Factory Manager you are to maintain strict confidentiality and you must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy;
- Be respectful;
- Be a team player;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Be pro-active and flexible;
- Demonstrate sound work ethics;
- The above are your key job description, skills and personal attribute that are expected of you to be carrying out at all time.
- You should also note that from time to time, you might be called upon to carry out some other duties that are not stated above.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the entire production process of the company
- Develop and determine short, medium- and long-term production manpower needs.
- Ensure projects/task are discussed with the technical teams before project commencement.
- Responsible for completing each job on time, on budget and with a high level of quality
- Obtain and study all projects drawings for effective execution in line with project specifications.
- Reviews proposals / contracts for feasibility, cost and schedule issues
- Responsible for obtaining permits and evaluation of subcontractors
- Ensure the ultimate goal СТComplete customer satisfaction
Management Of Jobs:
- Responsible for a complete understanding of the job blueprints, specifications and bids
- Ensures each job site is visited daily to monitor job progress, quality, safety and site security
- Creates job schedules, orders materials and schedules sub-contractors
- Conducts a pre-construction meeting with supervisors, projects engineers at the start of each job
- Responsible for communicating daily Job Report to customers as directed by the CEO
- Maintains job log for each active job and ensure timely completion of each jobs within the job time frame.
- Conducts regular project review meetings with customers
- Responsible for change orders: scope, cost, documentation and customer approval
Financial / Cost Management:
- Identifies cost concerns in the management of material usage. estimating phase
- Tracks actual costs against estimates and coordinates with procurement and Account departments.
- Approves Waybills for payment in all production materials purchase.
- Ensures compliance with all company rules, policies and agreements
- Manage the entire production staff, project site staff, contractors and sub – contractors
- Supervises field staff and subcontractors
- Evaluates quantity and quality of jobs at each production stages.
- Conduct performance appraisal in partnership with human resources department.
- Document company procedures and train employees and subcontractors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.