Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Medecins Sans Frontieres provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Promotion Officer
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, and Communication) activities with local population and local stakeholders to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Implement activities of health education and awareness in the communities that are most affected by Lassa fever (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor;
- Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviors observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect information on specific health and living conditions of the population related to Lassa Fever, including perceptions, health seeking behaviors, cultural and social practices.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Implement activities and trainings of health education and awareness raising amongst health care workers at the Federal Teaching Hospital of Abakaliki (FETHA).
- Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, local authorities and governmental health services to strengthen collaborations and help ensure sustainability of health promotion activities in Ebonyi State.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Degree or diploma in Social Science, Social Communication, Nursing or Teaching
- Experience Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Previous experience in health promotion, teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization or similar fields.
- Computer literacy; ability to independently use a computer for report writing and basic design of health promotion materials.
- English Language essential
- Igbo language beneficial.
Death: 23rd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters to: Msfocb-Ebonyifirstname.lastname@example.org (SoftCopy)
Send Hard Copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Libration Estate (after the Enugu / Abakaliki Express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Qualification (s)
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- The vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.