https://20thanniversary.icpc.gov.ng/essay-competition/ – How to Apply for ICPC Essay Competition National Essay Competition 2020
Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission is organizing a National Essay Competition for students of schools with ICPC Anti-Corruption Clubs and EFCC Integrity Clubs [register here] in Junior and Senior Secondary Schools (public and private) across the country in commemoration of ICPC 20th anniversary. The competition is intended to build the capacity of the youths to always shun and fight corruption.
The competition is in two categories:
- Junior Secondary School category
- Senior Secondary School category
Entries should be:
- In the students’ own legible handwriting
- Written on ruled foolscap papers
- To be submitted through the students’ school Principals, with the Principal’s telephone numbers, names and email addresses in addition to the name and address and stamp of schools.
- The name of student and name of school should be on each page of the essay.
- Only 2 entries are allowed per school.
Junior Secondary Category
Topic: “HOW TO END THE MENACE OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICES” in 1000 – 1500 words.
- 1st Prize: ₦1,000,000.00 only (for the school & winning student) & laptop (for student only)
- 2nd Prize: ₦750,000.00 only (for the school & student) & laptop (for student only)
- 3rd Prize: ₦500,000.00 (for the school & student) & laptop (for student only)
Senior Secondary Category
Topic: “THE ROLE OF THE YOUTH IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION” in 1500 – 2000 words.
- 1st Prize: ₦1,400,000.00 only (for the school & student) & laptop (Student only)
- 2nd Prize: ₦800,000.00 only (for the school & student) & laptop (Student only)
- 3rd Prize: ₦500,000.00 only (for the school & student) & laptop (Student only)
Mode of Entry
- Entries should be in the students’ own legible handwriting on ruled foolscap papers to be submitted through the students’ school Principals with the Principal’s telephone numbers, names and email addresses in addition to the name and address and stamp of schools.
- Submission could be made to the nearest ICPC office (which would scan and forward) or submitted online here
- Marking would be done by WAEC examiners using an agreed-upon Marking Scheme.
- Top 5 Winners will be notified by email.
- Students of Schools with ICPC/EFCC Anti-Corruption or Integrity Clubs are the only ones eligible to participate.
- If your school wants to register an Anti-Corruption or Integrity Club,
Closing Date: Entries should be submitted not later Friday, 19th July 2020. Late entries would not be entertained.
Modalities for Essay Competition
- All Essays must be written by the students themselves.
- Word limit should be observed.
- Plagiarism is strictly forbidden and will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Essays would be judged using WAEC criteria:
- Mechanical Accuracy
- Caveats: ICPC officers, immediate family of ICPC officers and the Judges are not eligible to apply.
- By submitting an entry you agree to our terms and conditions.
The Commission will not ask anyone for payment of registration or processing fees for this competition. IT IS TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE.