Maurice Xandra Solutions – Our client, one of the leading players in the Agricultural sector, seeks to employ a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Import – Export Manager
- We seek to employ a Chief Security Officer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for preparing daily incident reports, requisitions, and ensure that all allegations of crime and other incidents are investigated and properly recorded.
- Discovery and assessment of new marketing and sales opportunities and submission of regular proposals to management.
- Identification and sourcing of products for export markets.
- Working knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- Compilation and distribution of statistical and financial information about import-exports to management.
- Coordinate import-export teams in various subsidiaries in expediting correspondence and bid requests.
- Harmonize shipping details, such as packing lists, export licenses, customs declarations, transportation/logistics, and routing of products.
- Accelerate import-export activities and maintain up-to-date data on tariffs, licenses and preferential trade zones such as Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), Africa Continental Free Trade Area Agreement (AfCFTA), and restrictions.
- Certification and storage of goods for export markets.
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of import-export transactions.
- Management of shipments to ensure compliance of regulations in the global business environment.
- Productive customer orientation and management of public relations.
- Participation in the sales activities of subsidiaries in the holding company.
- Oversee advertisements, develop marketing campaigns, and organize events aimed at promoting exports.
- Manage and disseminate information concerning the standardization of products from Nigeria in compliance with the acceptable specifications of the export destinations and vice versa.
- Ability to maintain and update Websites.
- Ability to harmonize relationships and monitoring of service pricing by freight forwarding, clearing agents, and transporters.
- Organize the preparation of sales manuals, pamphlets for product advertisements in English and official languages of the relevant export destinations.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Broad knowledge of the global marketplace.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent.
- An MBA with a concentration in relevant field will be an advantage
- Minimum of five years’ experience in import-export duties.
- Relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Thorough understanding of sales and marketing strategies.
- Capacity to use virtual communication applications to enhance customer service.
- Knowledge of how to update and maintain customer databases by using customer relationship management (CRM) applications.
- Understanding of how to use social media management and reach to promote exports and global sourcing of imports.
- Ability to leverage trade shows and digital communication to identify manufacturers, vendors, export markets, and strategic partners.
- Good knowledge of budgeting, budgetary control, and aggressive cost management to enhance competitiveness in international trade.
- Knowledge of how to negotiate contracts with foreign sales and distribution clients/hubs to establish export outlets.
- Understanding of how to consult with clients concerning insurance, reduction in taxes, and customs duties.
- In-depth understating of how to organize packaging, branding, shipping processes to align with the cultural preferences of clients at export destinations.
- Capacity to conduct market intelligence in the global market and prepare forecasts supported with trend analysis.
- Ability to lead, train, motivate, and mentor subordinates to ensure continuous performance improvement.
- Age of Applicant: Not more than 50 years
Deadline: 3rd July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position as subject of email.