Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
- The Senior Program Officer is an intermediate professional position, with the primary responsibility of leading and coordinating team members in the development of quality proposal and bids. This position may subsequently grow to encompass direct management of projects.
- Lead and coordinate development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, HR, Operations, Awards and Finance team for proposal development.
- Support new business efforts in sourcing for and responding to RFPs, E.O.Is grants and other funding opportunities
- Must be able to appropriately review proposals to ensure it is well synthesised and cohesive
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities
- Works closely with the new business team to ensure prompt response to new business leads
- Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process.
- Provide professional developmental opportunities for junior program staff. Evaluate performance of supervisee(s) and provide constructive feedback and proactive leadership
- Serve as primary interface for the organization and local staff to implement projects
- Achieve project requirements within budget, established time-frame, standards of quality, and donor satisfaction
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with field staff, supervisees, consultants at large, and other departments within 360HSDC
- Represent program management at offsite venues for the purpose of business development and information dissemination as directed
- Contribute to and inform program design, knowledge of tools towards implementation of projects, knowledge management and thought leadership, and collection of resources.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to design and determine indicators, ensure that the field has the tools to monitor progress made towards indicators, periodically check in with field team on data collection and progress toward meeting objectives, and share experience with regional teams
- Monitor and evaluate project progress and performance, including reviewing deliverables, and make recommendations where project activities may need to be adjusted based on M&E results
- Travel to field offices to monitor project activities
- Work with Human Resources to source and recruit critical talent
- Support design, review/selection, and implementation of sub-awards, including review of quarterly narrative and financial reports, as well as processing invoices.
- Ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports.
- Provide input into annual work-plans, performance monitoring plans, and other programmatic reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in International relations, Public Health, International Development preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of overall work experience in the international development sector.
- Significant experience with budget management and oversight of large single project or multiple small projects, including projections, pipelines, and modifications.
- Experience managing and providing guidance and supervision to employees.
- Experience supporting business development efforts.
- Proposal writing and development experience essential
- Experience with program management, project design, and business development.
- Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of political contexts in multiple African countries preferred.
- Field experience desirable.
Job Title: Communications Officer
The Communications Officer will be responsible for proactively developing and implementing a coordinated and innovative communications and media strategy that will use a range of high-quality communications tactics, dissemination strategies, materials, specific events/initiatives; and creative tools, including social media to help achieve Idmibok International’s goals.
- Provide editorial service to other departments, overseeing copy editing, design and print, especially in the development of proposals and bids to ensure that design and verbiage is in concert with the donor’s tone of communication
- Lead internal and external communications about the organization and its projects, ensuring availability of project page on Idmibok International’s website and regular update of project information on the website, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other approved media platforms.
- Innovate ideas and approaches for delivering social media and digital content for promoting Idmibok International’s programmes, influencing & campaigns and fundraising focus.
- Support development of the organization and project-wide communication strategy and creative briefs that will guide the development of media messages and materials
- Create communications strategy to achieve project communications objectives.
- Identify communication goals, target audience, communication plan and channels for every project.
- Identify and maximize opportunities to raise the visibility and profile of the organization and its programs, both internationally and in-country.
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media.
- Work within donor marking and branding agreement for projects to ensure donor visibility and branding guidelines are adhered to where relevant and appropriate to the context
- Develop compelling communications materials for the organization and its projects based on lessons learned and experiences from the project for print and online
- Support in the preparation of timely program reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual) for projects, the organization and donors; ensuring utmost quality in collaboration with M&E and other technical staff
- Develop case studies, success stories for projects and ensure that these meet the donor and Idmibok’s child safeguarding policies.
- Explore opportunities to communicate about projects with a wide variety of state and national level stakeholders, using innovative methods.
- Prepare reports, fact-sheets, newsletter, briefing papers and presentations for internal and external audiences, while simultaneously ensuring that strong procedures are set in place to document program learning.
- Review and approve key messages points, press releases, and other media materials produced by programs, ensuring compliance to agreed protocols.
- Acquire information and understanding of social policy and adapt strategies, as necessary.
- Act as in –house brand specialist ensuring all Idmibok International’s branding requirements are complied with by all staff
- Work with individuals and departments throughout the organisation to design and deliver internal communication campaigns to engage staff in internal and external initiatives and key organisational moments by coming up with creative concepts and developing strategies, identifying relevant tools and channels, executing the campaign, and promoting it
- Monitor and evaluate communications and media coverage and make recommendations on future activity
- Engage with traditional and social media to actively promote Idmibok International’s image and visibility
- Edit and produce Idmibok International’s content in a variety of formats including print and digital. Provide on demand support to colleagues with layout of simple documents and publications as may be required.
- Develop and facilitate content to contribute to building communications skills and capacity in other teams across the organization.
- Help to coordinate communications activity and content across the organization; developing Terms of References for engagement of outsourced communications consultants and managing them to deliver quality work in line with consultancy requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A minimum of a first degree in Public Relations, Social Science, Communications or related field of study. Master’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or related field of study will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years in communications in an International NGO
- Demonstrated working on proposal and bids
- Demonstrated experience in communications, advocacy and policy development/research.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the traditional and new media and its role in raising awareness, engagement and shaping public policy
- Demonstrated understanding of key population and community-based programming in Nigeria
- Knowledge and experience of using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, or other design software used to produce and layout publications and other communication materials
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of a range of measuring and analytics tools, and the ability to apply metrics to media & social media activity
- Proven ability to think creatively to generate a wide range of communications materials & media coverage
- Ability to forge effective collaborative working relationships within the team and with colleagues from across the organisation
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Commitment to Idmibok International’s values and a working style that reflects these
- Excellent written and editorial skills, with the ability to write tailored, effective content for specific audiences
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail, to produce high quality communications
- Experience of liaising with journalists
Deadline: 10th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject, e.g “Senior Program Officer”
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.