St Edmund’s is a premier clinic and hospital established in 1965 to provide ophthalmology care in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
- As an Optometrist you will be expected use to your skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients.
- You will also be responsible for conducting eye examinations, prescribing corrective lenses, and determining patients’ visual alertness.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Current license to operate
- Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in the implementation of patient education, clinical support and community outreach programs
- Must be able to able to evaluate the results of a variety of diagnostic tests and decide on the best course of treatment for a patient
- Must be able to clearly explain eye-care instructions to their patients, as well as answer patients’ questions.
- Customer service oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of eye-related disorders, conditions, and treatment.
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform thorough routine eye inspections including visual acuity measurement, refractions, Eye pressure measurement and so on
- Identify patient’s visual alertness, field of vision, and hand-eye coordination.
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness and color blindness.
- Promote eye health by teaching patients about proper eye care techniques.
- Prescribe corrective lenses and medications
- Contact lens fitting and Focimetry
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Deadline: 15th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.