Python / Django Back-End Developer at Big Field Digital Limited
Big Field Digital Limited – A digital Agency you can trust when result matters. We create MVPs, visuals and web solutions that put our clients’ products in the hands of targeted customers. We do this through cutting-edge technologies and digital marketing strategies and tactics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Python / Django Back-End Developer
- Big Field Digital is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Python/Django Developer with 3+ years of proven professional work experience in developing the back-end of amazing apps. Candidates must have a solid understanding and practical experience of Python/Django and must be familiar with Software Engineering best practices for iterative development, testing, coding, and reuse. We are NOT looking for junior developers, we are NOT looking for developers with a basic working knowledge of Python/Django, but we are searching for someone who is truly top-notch at Python/Django back-end development.
- Big Field Digital is an award-winning Software Engineering, Digital Growth and Marketing agency in Ibadan. We are one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Nigeria. We work with clients in Nigeria, Ghana, USA, UK, and Canada. Already in our team, you’ll find experienced Software Engineers and Digital Marketers.
What We Are Looking For
- Our preferred candidates must meet our stated requirements and we can’t wait to have you sweep us off our feet.
- You must have an academic background in Computer Science or related studies and possess a strong understanding of computer science principles, system design, and architecture.
- Be a team player with an entrepreneurial mindset who is passionate about working on complex technical projects.
- Must care about delivering high-quality software with your colleagues, and regardless of how senior/advanced you are, you must always be seeking opportunities to grow and learn from them.
- You are expected to be knowledgeable about code versioning tools such as Git and understand the Agile methodology (SCRUM).
- Your practical experience in implementing Machine Learning is an advantage.
- You’ll be working with the team to build apps’ functionalities.
- Build and maintain core APIs used by web and mobile apps.
- Write clean codes to develop functional web applications.
- Design overall back-end architecture of web applications.
- Architect efficient and scalable backend systems.
- Maintain quality and ensure the reliability of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Engineering team to design and deploy clients’ products.
- Maintain code integrity and organisation.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining app features.
- Working closely with other team members to evaluate newly written code and ensure that it is of the highest production quality.
- Managing individual deliverables and deadlines effectively.
- Solving challenging problems.
- Understanding and implementating security and data protection in apps.
- Should be willing to start work immediately or within a short notice.
- You will be required to work remotely until the COVID-19 situation is over, thereafter, you will be working from our office in Ibadan. If you are not a resident of Ibadan, you should be willing to relocate to Ibadan.
- Must be 100% committed and ready to work full time. We are not looking for a freelancer.
- You will enjoy competitive pay and an opportunity to work on top-notch projects.
- Join a team of young, passionate, and highly experienced Software Engineers developing various top mobile and web apps that will shape the future.
- Hint: Your cover letter should discuss your previous projects with relevant links to your portfolio, and why you will like to join our team.
Deadline: 9th August, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: We are willing to negotiate a great salary for any candidate who can show superior experience in Python/Django Back-End Development. Proven years of experience is required; therefore, beginners and inexperienced Developers need not apply. We also respectfully ask that recruitment agencies SHOULD NOT contact us about this role. No exceptions.