Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Fleet Officer
Perform Radio operator duties and responsibilities
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Be the focal point for VHF and HF communication between the base and teams on field missions according to needs and SOPs.
- Monitor the ACF frequencies and clear them from non-authorized users.
- Ensure all security advisories from the Area Co are immediately relayed to the staff and immediately report sensitive/security related matters to the supervisor or Area Coordinator.
- Report any disrespect of SOPs from any staff/team to the Field Coordinator.
- Training new staff/visitors on the use of VHF and HF radios.
- Ensure all VHF/HF base and handheld stations are in good working condition
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment : batteries, acid, connections, tosmètre
- Keep the radio logbook (location, date and hour of important messages or events) as indicated on SOPs.
- Keep the SAT Phone logbook.
- Keep all SAT Phone charge for next day operation.
- Transmit / relay messages between teams / AAH Nigeria bases when signal is low.
- Take messages and transmit them to the appropriate person in the office
- Dispatch according to the needs and register the loan of VHF radio handsets
- Train staff on how to use HF/VHF
- Support SSMAN in overall security management of Yobe State.
- Monitor all field movements and report any unusual movement to SSMAN, Fleet officer or area Coordinator.
Office assistant and support teams in clerical tasks
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support request from teams to perform scans, photocopy and filling.
- Organise scanning, photocopying and saving of all SCM documents, financial documents and program documents.
- Assist Base Admin to arrange for accommodation bookings for visiting staff.
- Assist Base Logistician in maintaining the inventory of assets within office and accommodation rooms.
- Maintain the office notice boards.
- Maintain and update daily movement plan on board.
- Assist in extracting and inputting data and files from various sources in administrative, human resource, procurement, logistics and ACF systems.
- Assist in the supervision of office cleaner/cook and casual workers.
- Perform any other assigned office duty.
- To contact immediately the Fleet Officer and/or Base logistician in case of problem or incident.
- Assists in additional jobs that do not interfere with his normal duties
- Helps logistics (loading and off-loading cargo) if necessary
- May be assigned to fulfil other logistic duties on the absence of base logistician
- Maintain good relation with AAH staff, UN Agencies, INGO, Local Authorities
- Completed Secondary education in an accredited academic institution
Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience on office operation/assistance and related experiences.
- Flexible in terms of working hours
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Previous experience in INGO at the same level of position
- Knowledge about radio installation/basic maintenance, electricity or any technical field
Minimum Monthly Basic Salary: NGN109,897 per Month
Deadline: 10th July, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is strictly for Yobe indigenes
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply