Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Engineer (Low Voltage – PDC / ICP)
Ref No: 085439
Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
- Sales and Promotion of Eaton PDC & ICP Products, Solutions & Services (Low Voltage Products) to predominantly end user, reseller and distributor type customers.
- Promote PDC & ICP Products and Services to Influencers, Specifiers, Consultants and Contractors to ensure future inclusion of Eaton in project specifications.
- Communicating with existing and new customers, gathering market intelligence, benchmarking against competitors to understand and adjust strategy to suit market trends. Support colleagues and customers in English West Africa to ensure team targets are achieved.
Your Main Duties
- Identify and develop PDC and ICP sales and service opportunities in assigned market segment and key accounts
- Develop and maintain relationships with service partners to ensure growth and performance.
- Be proficient in and maintain required sales tools.
- Assist with market analysis, surveys and information required to develop business strategy.
- Diligent upkeep of CRM system information. Accurately update sales stages, monetary values and dates to ensure all information is current and of high quality to increase accuracy for planning and forecasting purposes. Visitation and activity details recorded continuously.
- Continuous strive towards professional self-development by working to improve sales, business skills as well as product/application/service knowledge
- Assist customers in the design process of solution/product applications, whilst following the sales process through from developing customer needs to closure.
- Forecast sales figures and pipeline status to assist with reporting accuracy.
- Prepare, assist and compile quotations and tenders as and when required. Support estimation team at tendering phase to ensure accurate and professional offers are submitted.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum B.Sc.degree in Electrical Engineering or any technical qualification preferably with a minimum of 6- 8years’ experience in Account Management.
- Service-oriented, combined with the ability to convince and inspire customers
- Fluent in English language
- Valid international passport and driving license required
- Extensive knowledge on motor control, distribution, medium voltage, automation and power quality products including the applications thereof.
- Experience in proven sales methodology and negotiation techniques to manage sales process from call planning, engaging customers, obtaining their business and building long term customer partnerships with effective account management.
- Technical & product knowledge – Applies knowledge of technical and product capability to build creative solutions to customer needs and foster credible dialogue
- Willingness to travel long distances and stay out overnight. (training opportunity in SA and Europe, Work coverage will be West Africa (Ghana, Cameroon Liberia etc.)
What We Offer
- At Eaton, we aspire to be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry – a place where everyone matters and everyone belongs. These aren’t just words, they are part of our culture and code of ethics
- Learning & Development – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness – Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering
- At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
- At Eaton, inclusion and diversity is our strength. We embrace the power of many perspectives to drive innovation and growth that benefits our people, investors, customers and communities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online