UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a comprehensive portfolio of services to enhance customers’ business performance, including logistics and distribution, transportation and freight, consulting, customs brokerage, and international trade services. UPS provides the expertise and the scale to meet the total supply chain needs of customers worldwide, whether it requires the movement of goods, information or funds.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Executive – Sales
- He/She will be responsible for achieving his/her assigned sales plan by generating profitability. UPS revenue growth through the development of new businesses and the retention of existing businesses within the assigned accounts.
- He/she analyses customers current supply chain needs to create appropriate solutions and promptly respond to customers’ requests.
- Travels to customer sites for face-to-face meetings to gather information about their businesses and identify opportunities for solutions
- Customizes standardized presentation templates with customers’ information to illustrate benefits of solutions to customers
- Analyzes customers’ billing technology to understand their needs and recommend UPS products and services
- Performs pre-call analysis (e.g., researches account history, shipping details, complaints, etc.) to prepare for sales calls
- Researches resources (e.g., current customers, periodicals, competitors, etc.) to identify sales opportunities and obtain contact information
- Responds to internal sales leads from various sources (e.g., Sales Lead Incentive Management system, operations, Package Operations staff, etc.) to identify sales opportunities and create a sales strategy
- Sells UPS suite of technology solutions (e.g., Trade Ability, Quantum View, and Campus Ship, etc.) to customers to secure their business.
- Assesses previous sales calls to determine action plans for subsequent visits.
- Researches existing UPS account history to obtain background information (e.g., pay history, shipping routes, etc.) and identify and prioritize large sales opportunities
- Utilizes Total Enterprise Account Management System (TEAMS) to document customer information and provide account status to the sales team.
- Maintains and monitors records of customer information and account performance to track sales performance to objectives
- Reviews various Business Information and Analysis reporting tools to assess account performance and generate reports for management.
- Presents solutions to customers to gain approval of proposals and move forward with the sales cycle
- Executes on previously signed contracts (e.g., UPS Freight/ UPS Express) to introduce new products and services to customers and expand business within customer accounts
- Submits customer pricing requests to Pricing Analysts to generate new or revised price quotes
- Negotiates with internal groups (e.g., Pricing, Revenue Management, etc.) to create proposals and move forward with the sales process
- Analyzes price quotes to verify accuracy and determine how to propose the solution to the customer
- Generates customer-facing reports to outline shipping history, billing history, and accounts’ incentives (i.e., contracted discounts) and renegotiate contracts.
- Follows-up with customers to ensure customer trades to potential /commitment
- Setting up SOP – Sales Operating procedure or MOP – Master Operating Plans (e.g., later pick up times, etc.) to satisfy customer complaints. – Collaborates with operations to implement accounts with special needs (e.g., unique delivery schedules, extra conveyors, additional drivers, etc.) to adequately handle customers’ shipping needs
- Trains customers on billing analysis tools and electronic billing files to facilitate report generation.
- Trains customers on proper packaging techniques to avoid damages
- Participates in UPS online training classes to prepare for products and services assessments and quizzes and to stay current on industry knowledge.
- Facilitates research of customer complaints (e.g., late deliveries, damages, billing questions, etc.) to determine appropriate resolution personnel, discusses complaints with UPS personnel (e.g., Area Sales Manager, business center managers, operations, billing, drivers, etc.) to determine corrective actions and resolutions.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree (Sales and Marketing preferable)
- Professional selling skills, consultative selling techniques
- Customer satisfaction and objection handling skills for maintenance and sustainability
- Excellent communication and presentation Skills
- Focus on Sale – Networks, and uses Experts/Tools/Systems to help in leveraging customer relationship, network and have a variety in new accounts
- High Energy levels and Drive – Activities planned for productive results towards sales funnel and calls, ability to stretch work hours and on opportunities and still remain enthusiastic.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online