Olman Business Solutions is a mutidimensional consulting firm keen on providing complete customized solutions to client needs within industries and business sectors, using effective and efficient mamagement tools and quality service techniques.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Business development manager role is concerned with improving and growing a business by establishing and developing relationships with customers, suppliers etc.
- The Manager is to identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow, this involves careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position or reputation.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Following industry trends and changes in the business world
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Seek out the appropriate contact in organizations.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients and increasing client base
- Writing business proposals
- Negotiating with clients
- Develop business and marketing strategy to increase our market position
- Have a good understanding of company products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Discuss promotional strategy with the Directors and extradite
- Liaise with other teams such as finance, procurement and logistics departments as appropriate
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Work on bids to achieve new contracts for the company.
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
- 100% Compliance with features of the Safety Plan.
- Communicates with subordinates daily through pre-tour/toolbox meetings.
- Understand the proper use of safety equipment required for his position
- Observes proper operating procedures, noting unsafe practices.
- Ensures that all relevant QHSE policies are communicated to and understood by department members.
- Work in safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Understand the emergency duties of his position
- BSc / HND Degree in Business Administration/ Business Development/Economics/Finance or Marketing
- A post-graduate degree is added advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Business development manager or similar role
- Must be a member of NIM or any other professional body.
- Minimum 6 years post qualification experience.
- High-level communication skills.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Market knowledge
- Ability to build rapport
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
- Team working skills and a collaborative approach to work
- Decision-making skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Project management and organizational skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to think strategically
- The ability to analyze and write reports
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications – MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
NGN 120,000 – 180,000 / Month
Deadline: 31st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of mail.