Amqey Limited – We are online and real-time marketplace for productions, retailing, sales and distribution of groceries food items and general goods and service, also third party contractor, management, sale & distribution of general goods and service.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chef Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Chef assistant will work within the branch in our Kitchen and bakery, and with the Chef/ branch management support to lead and innovate on creating our cuisine line and desert, shakes etc. listening carefully and engage and deliver exception service to our Royal and esteemed Amqey customer/ potential customer
- The ideal candidate must be a creative individual with excellent cooking skills, problem solver, customer centric, calm/professional and excellent communication skills. who will work in coordination with cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional customer delight at our instore eatery/online demands.
- You must be comfortable working as part of a team while taking the initiative to grow, develop and lead.
- Cooks clients’ orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Coaches the Amqey chef and other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have the best positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant’s administrative team
Skills and Qualifications
- Works Quickly,
- Physical Stamina,
- Creative Flair,
- Training in Culinary Arts,
- Flexible Schedule,
- Strong Communication,
- Organisational Skills,
- Team Mentality,
- Leadership Skills
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: While we value your education, your skill set, experience and desire to grow is very important to us.