Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Strategy Associate
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Department: Business Development
- The ideal candidate will support the Chief Commercial Officer in the development and execution of the group-wide commercialization strategy that coordinates and leverages the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service functions to drive revenue growth within the organization and deepen the company’s brand and image across its subsidiaries.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the group wide commercialization strategy and plan
- Track industry and competitive trends examine strategic performance, spot emerging opportunities, identify business threats, look for novel strategic solutions, and develop creative action plans.
- Assist in the development of product insights by providing effective market analysis, and assessing opportunities for growth
- Work with the CCO to coordinate, collate, analyze and interpret key sales, product delivery and customer insights and reports that will support the execution and periodic review of the commercial strategy
- Support the development, integration and coordination of the sales and marketing strategies across the Group subsidiaries
- Assist the CCO with the provision and collation of market research and insights on evolving trends and economic realities that impact the real estate and hospitality industry
- Support with the development of internal and external presentations and work on assignments as directed by the CCO.
- Liaise with colleagues in the commercial and business planning functions and work collaboratively to achieve overall commercial strategy of the Group.
- Facilitate the coordination of relevant internal and external partners and stakeholders or client meetings relevant to the commercial function
- Strategy Plans and Reports including annual business plan update
- Concept Papers / New Market Proposals
- Periodic Performance Reports
- Industry / Benchmarking Reports
- Executive Presentations
- Technical (90%)
- Administrative 10%
- Quality of reports – Total number of draft versions required before finalization of report content for ad-hoc reports (10%)
- Timeliness of management reports – Percentage of management reports that are delivered to the target audience as per the agreed deadlines (20%)
- Business Acumen and Insights – Demonstrate willingness and capacity to understand and translate research and industry knowledge into actionable insights for the business (20%)
- Coordination with other relevant departments: (10%)
- Percentage of standard management reports – Percentage of all management reports that are standardized and created on a periodic basis. (15%)
- Accuracy of management reports – Percentage of management reports identified with calculation or definition errors (15%)
- Feedback from direct leader(s) – qualitative judgment (10%)
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area e.g. Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant discipline
- 4-6 years’ experience in a business development, strategy, commercial or sales role preferably in key industries such as Real Estate and Hospitality, Financial Services, FMCG, Infrastructure and Utilities
- Ideal candidate will have business development, marketing, product or sales experience.
- Master’s or MBA will be an added advantage
- Good organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Should possess strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, manage time, prioritize to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit high level of initiative and proactivity
- Great team player, but also the ability to work independently to meet team objectives.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and metrics-driven
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of a commercial strategy e.g. a sales plan, a business development plan etc.
- Good research, data gathering and analytical skills
- Excellent grasp of MS Office Suite
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot new market and growth opportunities. Appreciable grasp of business issues (Real Estate and Hospitality, Emerging Markets)
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online