Commonwealth opportunities – Applications are open for eight young people to lead the charge in protecting and promoting human rights across the Commonwealth.
The Commonwealth Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network (CYHRDN) is seeking volunteers for its executive positions to serve from 2020 to 2022. CYHRDN is one of 10 Commonwealth Youth Networks supported by the Secretariat.
Making a difference
Layne Robinson, head of social policy development at the Secretariat, said: “As an organisation, we recognise that young people play an undeniably critical role in making sure that everyone – particularly those with disabilities, women and other marginalised groups – are treated fairly and equally.
“So, this is a truly unique opportunity to join the Commonwealth Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network, which was created to engage young people in our fight for equality, democracy and visible progress on human rights.
“Whether you are managing research and communications or coordinating activities to end discrimination and gender-based violence, you will be part of a global network of innovators and change-makers.”
Commonwealth Youth to lead on Human Rights and Democracy Open positions
The open positions are:
- Policy Research and Advocacy Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- Education and Training Coordinator
- Partnership Engagement Coordinator
- Disability Rights Coordinator
- Rapporteur on Discrimination
- Rapporteur for Migrants and Refugees’ Rights
- Rapporteur for Gender-based violence
- be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- have a strong commitment to promoting human rights and democracy;
- have experience of working with youth-led organisations or initiatives focused on human rights and democracy; and
- be available to commit 10-15 hours per week to the network’s activities.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 September 2020. The email subject line should include the position you are applying for and your full name.