Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We invite proposals from suitably qualified candidates / organizations for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Feasibility & Designing of Faecal Sludge Management Project
Ref.: NGA / MDG / 093 / 2020
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Part Time
Area and Scope of Service
- The study will be conducted in Monguno town of Monguno LGA and will cover both IDPs and host community settlements. The consultant will propose and justify a representative sample for the study.
- Any potential candidate to this call can access more information about the area through internet or by visiting the location.
Scope of the Assignment:
- The scope of services includes undertaking baseline studies, feasibility studies, service delivery models and engineering designs for a community-based faecal sludge chain management infrastructure and services, together with recommendations for operation and maintenance, and overall management
- This shall be done with comprehensive stakeholder consultation to ensure that it will be feasible for each of them to take on their allotted roles.
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience.
Prospective vendors interested, are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Expertise in conducting quantitative and qualitative study
- Experience in working in water, sanitation, and hygiene, at least 7 years
- Experience in working with Second generation Sanitation value chain.
- Appropriate skills, significant and previous experience in assessing and developing a Faecal sludge scenario of a town.
- Capacity to provide necessary training to human resource for administering data collection, quality control of data, data entry and management.
Deadline: 11th September, 2020 by 12:00hrs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates / companies interested in the process, should download the Request for Proposal (RFP) and forward with other relevant supporting documents to: Procurement.NG@nca.no The mail should be titled: NGA / MDG / 093 / 2020.
Submit at our Maiduguri Office (in a sealed envelope). Indicate title of Bid as NGA / MDG / 093 / 2020 and address to:
Norwegian Church Aid NCA,
No. 135, Mandara Street, Along Doctors Quarters,
Off White Arena-Gombole Road,
Maiduguri, Borno State,
Note: For any complaint, mail to: CRM_NG@nca.no