Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Intensivist (ICU)
Job Type: Full time & Locum
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The Consultant Intensivist is the primary care physician of the ICU
- Coordinating the tests, treatments, and consultant recommendations for patients who experience multi-organ system failure.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of all ICU patients; the overall co-ordination about admissions to and discharges from the ICU.
- Ensures increased patient safety and to improve outcomes in terms of morbidity, mortality, length of stay and costs in the ICU.
- Implements preventative therapies for diseases in the critically ill patients.
- Oversees ICU bed management, design clinical care guidelines and; ensure the design, maintenance and upgradation of the ICU, including the physical structure and equipment in the ICU.
- Promoting high quality outcomes for patients and consistently demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with other staff and patients and sensitively handling problems.
- Instructing, guiding and supervising the work of other staff involved in intensive care services as part of regular clinical duties.
- Performs medical review activities pertaining to utilization review, quality assurance, medical review of complex patients, and medical services.
- Provides quality and tender medical care to patients to work effectively to provide cost efficient and timely quality medical care to patients.
- Ensures that all ICU procedures are done safely and competently and ensuring responsible and effective use of ICU resources.
- Though your primary assignment will be in the ICU, you will be expected to respond to clinical emergencies within the hospital, assess patients, advice on management and in the absence of a more experienced medical practitioner, & lead the resuscitation team.
- Must conduct daily rounds on all ICU patients. During these rounds, the intensivist must be familiar with all relevant clinical aspects of the history and presentation, do a focused and relevant clinical examination, review all the radiology, laboratory and microbiology data.
- Ensuring that patients’ records are inputted or kept properly on the EMR and ensuring the strictest confidentiality of patients’ information.
- Teaching and training of junior medical staff and house officers when required and roster them so that the ICU is staffed by competent personnel, especially outside routine hours.
- Reviewing patient’s progress and making necessary changes in patient management.
Qualification and Experience
- Must possess an MBBS Degree or its equivalent, full Registration with the Medical and Dental council of Nigeria (MDCN) and a valid practicing license.
- Must possess at least 10 years post qualification work experience.
- Ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications/software and EMR usage
- Extensive experience in ICU in a hospital setting.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.