The Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN) is a public entity placed under the Federal Ministry of Agricultural and Rural Development. It is responsible for the coordination of agricultural research activities in Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below in Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan under the aegis of the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN):
Job Title: Director / CEO
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Director / CEO is the Research and Administrative Head of the Institute as well as responsible for the academic and administrative management of the Institution.
- Candidates must be holders of Ph.D in relevant discipline, have extensive research experience as evidenced by scientific publications in Research Institutes.
- Furthermore, he/she must not be more than 60 years of age at the possible time of commencement of tenure.
- A minimum of Assistant Director and Professor at National Agricultural Research Institutes (NARIs) would be required, please.
- In addition, candidates must have ability to provide academic / administrative leadership as well as have clear and articulated vision for the development of the Institute.
Terms of Appointment
A single term of five (5) years only.
Political Office Holders Salary Scale.
Deadline: 2nd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit Twelve (12) typewritten copies and one (1) electronic copy on CD of their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of their credentials. Functional phone numbers and email address should be indicated on the CV.
Three Referees should be requested to send their reports to the address below.
All applications and Referees reports should be marked “Confidential Application” at the top left corner of the envelope, addressed and sent to:
The Executive Secretary,
Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN),
Agricultural Research House,
Plot 223D Cadastral Zone B6, Mabushi,
P.M.B. 5026, Wuse, Abuja,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.