The Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, ile-Ife, one of the foremost Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria, was founded on the Ife Philosophy as a guiding principle which focuses on an integrated healthcare delivery system approach with emphasis on comprehensive healthcare services comprising primary at the base, secondary and tertiary services at the hospital settings. The institution has six (6) healthcare hosital units with 780 -Bed complement and 55 Dental Chairs offering diverse and specialized services.
The vision of the institution is to become a leading centre of excellence in every Clinical Training and Support Services while its mission is to provide quality healthcare services, Manpower Development through Training and Research for the overall Benefit of the Patients and the Society.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Job Title: Director of Administration
Location: Ile-Ife, Osun
- The Director of Administration will be Secretary to the Management Board and be responsible to the Chief Medical Director to give effective leadership in administrative matters towards the achievement of the vision and mission of the Hospital in order to transform it into a 21 century world class standard.
- Successful candidates will be responsible to the Chief Medical Director for the effective functioning of all the administrative divisions in the day -to-day management of the Teaching Hospital and be Secretary to the Management Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should possess a good Honours Degree from a recognized university in any of the disciplines of Social Science or Humanities or Education or Law and evidence of completion of or exemption from the NYSC. Possession of a Master’s Degree in Public Administration and Post Graduate qualification in Health Planning and Management will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be a member (not less than the Associate grade) of the Institute of Health Service Administrators of Nigeria.
- In addition, candidates must have not less than Twenty-four (24) years cognate administrative experience in a Teaching Hospital or any other institution of similar standard seven (7) of which must be in the Deputy Director grade.
Conditions of Service
- These are as obtainable in the Federal Public Service of Nigeria.
CONHESS 15 – N4,677,846.00 – N5,678,595.00 per annum.
Deadline: 17th September, 2020.
Methods of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download and complete the “Employment Form” below. All completed forms with photocopies of all relevant credentials / documents and Twenty (20) copies of up-to-date Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded to the office of:
The Chief Medical Director,
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex,
P.M.B. 5538, Ile-Ife,
- Candidates should request their three (3) referees to write to the Chief Medical Director/Chief Executive of the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife, before the closing date.
Note: Anyone below the grade of Deputy Director and earning below CONHESS 14 (GL 16) step 9 needs not to apply.