Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting internally and externally for the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Goal / Purpose
- Under the district supervision of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer, the Enumerator will support the MEAL team to carry out fieldwork and other research/assessment activities, which may be required for the program’s functioning and strategy.
- The enumerators services will be required on daily basis based on the field work requirement, it’s not a full time employment with the organization.
- The enumerators will collect field data for different on-going project on already developed tools and will also provide key feedback on programs field research activities.
- Assist MEAL team in field data collection as per the program requirements for its different on-going programs;
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to the research supervisor;
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting;
- Depending on the nature of filed work enumerators can be involved in both qualitative (Focus group Discussion and Key Informants) and quantitative (household interviews) data collection;
- Enumerators will use mobile data collection tool (Kobo Collect) to gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires;
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed;
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Enumerators will ensure the confidentiality of the beneficiaries and will not share field information with any 3rd party without the consent of SI
- Studies: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
- Conducting Nutrition, Health, WASH and FSL assessments.
- Mobile data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry
- English (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondents meaning or confusing the reader.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
Deadline: 6th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Clicking on the link above and select “Enumerator- Maiduguri”
- Fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- The position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply