IDMANN Academy provides tutorial support to secondary and pre-secondary age students via our class-leading online platform. We provide middle and high school students an outstanding educational experience in very small groups. The program not only provides tutorial support in Mathematics and English Language Arts, it also includes modules in public speaking, money management, foreign languages, and the visual arts.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Fine & Visual Arts Instructor (Online)
- IDMANN Academy is looking for instructors in Fine & Visual Arts to teach students the techniques and methods of fine art.
- Applicants must be very familiar with the use of digital tools in modern art. This includes not only the use of current software applications but also the use of artistic aids such as drawing tablets and digital pens.
Prospective applicants should note the following:
- Instructors should expect to be engaged approximately 20 hours per week with a very small group of 1-3 students.
- A good theoretical foundation in the visual arts is required to provide the necessary grounding for the students. To that end, some formal training in fine or visual arts is a requirement.
- Candidates will be required to submit a mini-portfolio as part of the evaluation process.
- We expect the fine arts instructor to be able to cover introductory (digital as well as freehand) drawing and painting.
- The intending instructor should be able to put together a hands-on experience that engages and motivates students to further explore and develop their innate artistic talent.
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching engagement would be beneficial in this position. (Training will be provided for instructors who have not had experience teaching online.)
Intending instructors Must have all of the following:
- A reliable laptop or desktop, equipped with a good quality webcam and microphone, keyboard and mouse (or touchpad), as no instruction will be permitted over a handheld or mobile device.
- An available drawing tablet/digital pen will be considered a distinct advantage during the evaluation process.
- Stable, reliable broadband internet access.
- Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
- Availability four to five days a week (at specific times to be preset by the class timetables).
Deadline: 14th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and a Resume clearly outlining their teaching experience with specific references to any teaching certifications, where applicable to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.
- Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis till the positions are filled.