Swift Networks Limited is a facilities-based telecommunications services provider. The company was founded in 2002, since inception, Swift Networks has invested heavily in “next generation” networking technologies to build a multi-service network platform.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Customer Retention Unit
- The General Manager, Customer Retention Unit will be responsible for providing thoughtful leadership, business judgement, and analytical insight to support customer centric initiatives, coordinating and management of processes and functions and plays a vital role in improving the overall quality of processes and operations within the customer service operation and support team.
- Customer Retention Unit is a strategic unit that ensures customer receives the expected service end-toend, where performance is based on the customer’s perception of the level of service delivered.
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that effective measures, guidelines, and strategies are in place and adhered to across the support structure of the business by building and maintaining a working environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity. Assists with the build out of the customer service operations by the continuous improvement of functional standard practices, policies and procedures.
- The focus of the General Manager, Customer Retention Unit is strategic and tactical, specific to the:
- Call Center Operations
- Technical Support Engineers – Network Monitoring and Field Support.
- Incident & Problem Analysis team
- Business Intelligence – Provide a road that enable business to measure performance and seek out competitive advantages and “truly listen to customers” using data mining and statistics to support better business decision making.
- Speed of Incident Management (Break Fix) and fault resolution/ management of churns – When service related incidents occur, it is the job holder’s responsibility to ensure that the issues are fixed in a satisfactory way. Necessary follow up and escalations must be picked up timely to ensure SLA is not breached. Thereby ensuring zero churn rates. Prompt follow up must be enhanced and immediate escalation set in motion to enable prompt feedback to the client. The escalation needs to be promptly followed up with the relevant parties to ensure prompt resolution. It is the CRU’s responsibility to follow up, ensure resolution and most importantly ensure customer satisfaction and zero churn rates!
- Delivery of excellent Customer Service operations encompassing all resources and processes, personnel, equipment and technology, aligning to the business objectives.
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives
- Ensure all customer service activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of all customer service operation activities
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to the customer service function for upper management
- Maintain current technical skills and apply new knowledge to management tasks for the improvement of customer service operation activities
- Maintain product or service knowledge of all supported services and product.
- Analyse customer servicerelated information and evaluate the results to choose the best resolutions and alternatives to customer service challenges, and to identify opportunities to improve customer service.
- Provide customer service personnel with guidance in handling difficult or complex issues or problems
- Resolve customer complaints and answer customers’ questions regarding organizational policies and procedures
- Lead regular team meetings and manage communication across team members, assuring all parties are informed, aligned and deadlines are being met.
- Foster career development and advancement, mentoring team members to grow their individual skill sets and add organizational value.
- Develop talent by providing on-going constructive, immediate feedback.
- Identify, track, prioritize and ultimately resolve key customer pain points.
- Design and Implement Customer Experience policies and practices across all customers touch points.
- Establish success metrics, communicate across the team /business and drive team performance against those metrics.
- Manage annual budget around systems, technology and people while strategically growing a world class team.
- Plan, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the customer service operation activities
- Develop, implement and / or manage the organizations customer service policies, procedures, standards, and strategies Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Interview, select, coach, train, instruct, manage, and appraise the performance of the team
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate knowledge (e.g., market information, customer insights, trends, etc.) across the business as well as communicate information to stakeholders using appropriate communication methods
- Identify opportunities to add value beyond problem resolution to relevant business areas (e.g., sales, marketing, product development, etc.)
- Perform and/or direct day to day administrative tasks.
- Manage projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2nd Class honours (Upper division) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related fields
- Excellent Communications skills – verbal and written communication
- Excellent troubleshooting and Attention to details
- Familiarity with Network management systems including traffic monitoring and bandwidth management a plus.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library –ITIL V3 Foundation, and others
- An MBA or post graduate certification in management and/or service delivery will be an added advantage.
- Ability to use a number of monitoring/Ticketing/Reporting platforms
- At least 15 years working experience with at least 5 years in people management and team leadership.
- Analytical and problem-solving attributes.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Exhibiting tact and diplomacy.
- Broad experience of post-sales support.
- “Get it done” and “Make it Happen” mentality
- Stress tolerant.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong leadership and excellent problem-solving with good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence individuals at all levels of the organization and to embrace customer experience management and improvement initiatives.
- Sound decision making capabilities & the ability to make decisions in absence of consensus when necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated success in designing, developing, implementing world class customer service operations initiatives that meet and exceed the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in establishing and managing key performance indicators (KPI) for service metrics daily, weekly, monthly for the team and 3rd party service suppliers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online