The Oleaster is a Behavioral Health Center that provides a holistic treatment approach needed to fight addiction and other mental health issues. Our Client-first philosophy, licensed and empathetic staff allow us to meet you wherever you are in your recovery journey.
We work closely with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your individual needs. Our integrative approach combines today’s most effective treatment strategies with long-standing, evidenced-based techniques to help you achieve lasting recovery. The Oleaster is located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Accounts
Reports to: Medical Director
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of MSc in Accounting
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Certified member of ICAN/ACCA
- Minimum of 4- 5 years’ core experience in accounting/management account
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or any other financial software.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations of The Oleaster and its related businesses
- Provide managerial and oversight for all accounting functions
- Provide accurate, timely periodic financial statements of The Oleaster and its related businesses to management
- Provide direction to all accounting staff
- Provide oversight of assets and finances of all The oleaster and its related businesses
- Manages overall responsibility for accounting related information from various businesses
- Oversight include monitoring purchases compared to the budget, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and capital expenditures/equipment.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Evaluate performance and professional development of staff.
- Assist in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of The Oleaster and its related businesses.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Management and coordination of activities relating to Vendors/Procurement.
- Responsible for timely monthly, separate and consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to management
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Overseeing the maintenance and reconciliation of Goods Receipts/ Invoice Receipt Account.
- Create and enhance financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department.
- Ensures consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monthly evaluating of Unapplied Advance Payment to determine the risk level.
- Monitors expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Develops reports on all accounting related matters inclusive of taxation matters. These reports accompany pro-active advice and recommendations on the business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the company’s accounting policies
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the company’s records (e.g. Clients, Suppliers, Banks, Employees, Management, Government and its relevant agencies etc.)
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Medical Director.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position as the Subject of the email: eg: Head of Accounts.
Note: Interested candidates must reside in Abuja.