Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading Production & Packaging Company, is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
- The individual will supervise and manage the maintenance activity for production related equipment including but not limited to injection moulding machines, moulds, hot runner systems, diesel and gas generators, air compressors, scrap grinders, cooling towers and water pumps for the entire plant.
Maintenance of production-related equipment:
- To be responsible for the maintenance of all injection moulding machines, moulds, hot runner systems, diesel and gas generators, air compressors, scrap grinders, cooling towers and water pumps for the entire plant to ensure they are in good working order and all safety measures are active as per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- To supervise the maintenance team consisting of a minimum of 20 people.
- To ensure that all daily mould changes are supervised and carried as per the requirement of the production manager.
- To prepare and implement a preventive maintenance schedule for all production related equipment.
- To ensure that and be responsible for monthly checks of the Firefighting equipment and ensure it is in good working condition.
- To effectively prioritize maintenance work orders given to internal maintenance team with a view to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and minimize downtime.
- To effectively prioritize maintenance work orders given to external contractors and follow up on their timely completion. Submit progress report on a monthly basis. Ensure proper accounting of the same.
- To ensure that the highest level of cleanliness is maintained on the manufacturing shop floor.
- To ensure that the inventory of spare parts (both imported and locally procured), fuels and oils are available and where required initiate the order process.
- Maintain daily reports of (i) Diesel and Gas generator operation (ii) Air compressor operation (iii) Water treatment plant.
- Submit monthly closing stock report of (i) All spare parts (ii) Fuels and oils.
- Submit monthly consumption reports of (i) Power consumption from Diesel and Gas Generators (ii) Power supply from national grid (PHCN) (iii) All fuels and oils.
- Prepare machine break down reports, mould change reports, maintain machine maintenance history cards.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in engineering. An electrical engineering specialisation will be an advantage.
- A person with at least 10 years of experience in maintenance of all production related equipment as stated above.
- A person having exposure in supervising a team of at least 20 efficiently.
- A person with basic computer knowledge being able to use programs such as Email, MS Excel and Word.
Job Title: Production Manager
Locations: Lagos, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Production Manager is responsible for all production activities in the factory which include processing, maintenance, quality, efficiency, and safety. This includes driving strategic plans that ensure that production goals are met in the most cost-effective manner delivering expected financial results.
- To ensure that the facility provides the quality products produced in the most efficient manner within budgeted costs. Implements systems to effectively manage production schedules supporting the business.
- To plan the procurement, receipt and issue of raw material required for daily production.
Production and Maintenance:
- Leads the effort and drives manufacturing tools and techniques fostering continuous improvement within the facility. Acts in a proactive manner with respect to problem resolution.
- Leads the overall efforts for cost reduction initiatives, capital planning and resource allocation.
- Manages the overall scheduling, production, maintenance, quality, safety, logistics and other administrative functions for the facility.
- Leads the effort in working within all company guidelines and local/state regulations.
- To set, maintain and monitor the processing parameters on machine and moulds as per cycle time/targets established to maximize plant efficiency.
- To control the rejection percentage with a maximum limit of 3 to 3.5 % of the production.
- To monitor timely grinding of the rejection and ensure maximum utilization of the scrap.
- Ensure the efficient operation of injection molding machines and down line equipments.
- Generate machine breakdown history and root cause analysis report and provide the action plan to the management.
- To update on necessary spare parts (local & overseas) requirements for prompt maintenance of machines and utilities.
- To train and supervise all manpower requirements such as operators, electricians, fitters & workers to achieve production efficiency and quality as per targets established.
- To develop and motivate staff to optimize productivity of the workforce. Carry out performance reviews of the team and provide feedback to the management as required.
- Verify daily production reports, generators utilization, PHCN availability report, air compressor utilization report and PH value of the cooling tower.
- Prepare daily machine break down reports, mould change reports, machine maintenance history card reports.
- Maintain the daily production consumables and accessories inventory report.
- Maintaining physical inventory records for raw material, diesel, spare parts and any other consumables and submitting the same to accounts on a monthly basis.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in plastic injection molding, operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement with minimum 5 years of experience in managing plant production including managing teams of at least 100 people.
- Knowledge on Milacron/Jon Wai machines would be an advantage.
- Experience in managing to the ISO or equivalent quality standards would be an advantage.
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Managing Director
Job Type: Full Time
- The Head of Human Resources is responsible for all people-based activity within an organization from both an operational and strategic point of view
- The Head of HR will manage staffing and recruitment, organization development, performance management, training, compensation and benefits administration and employee counseling services.
Strategic Recruitment, Employer Branding and Agency Management:
- Identify staff vacancies and ensure timely recruitment of required level/quality of Management staff, other business lines staff, with appropriate approvals in order to meet business needs and focus on employee retention and key employee initiatives.
- Provide active support in selection of recruitment agencies which meet the corporate standard.
- Develop, refine and fine-tune effective methods or tools for selection/or provide external consultants to ensure the right people with the desired level of competence are brought into the organization or are promoted.
- Create an identity and manage the company’s image in its role as an employer. The employer brand has to be aligned and congruent with what the company delivers to the employee, customer, public and shareholder.
- Conduct performance reviews with department managers and monitor employee productivity, attitudes and performance results.
- Ensure an effective performance evaluation process which Management has approved. This should include defining an end-to-end process, training managers on the process and responsibilities for all those involved in the process.
- Drive the performance management system and offer guidance and rules for the manager to set the right goals and to monitor the increasing performance and efficiency of employees.
Senior Management Development:
- Develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, team-work and high performance by tracking and implementing new trends in the industry and focus on helping the line management to implement improvements.
- Provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that focuses on empowerment, quality, productivity, standards and goal attainment.
- Establish a clear vision for the strategic planning implementation process and the anticipated outcomes. Make certain the picture is one of reality and not what people wish would occur. Make sure key employees know why the organization is changing.
- Support key initiatives to fully utilize employee potential.
Manpower Training and Development:
- Develop the HR team to ensure the provision of a professional HR service to the organization and be responsible for mentoring, guiding and developing them as a second line to the current business.
- Facilitate development of staff with special focus online management. Ensure intensive training to build new behaviour and skills.
- Ensure a motivational climate in the organization, including adequate opportunities for career growth and development.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development and track ROI of these trainings. Suggest to Heads of Departments what training is to be given to their staff and also together with them identify training requirements.
- Coordinate and manage all events that involve staff training and welfare activities with the assistance of the HR and Administration team. Identify and propose all Company Employee Events to be held including company-wide events, individual divisions, seminars, retreats and staff social events.
Internal Knowledge and Communication Transfer:
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Maintain and develop HR policies, ensuring compliance and to contribute the development of corporate HR policies.
- Ensure appropriate communication at all staff levels to facilitate/ support the development of the team members.
- Provide consistent guidance and templates to all departments. Effectively communicate all relevant information to superiors, peers and subordinates of all departments within the organization.
- Assist teams to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Identify opportunities for change and communicate the need for change so as to evoke innovative thinking from teams.
- Ensure job descriptions for all employees are accurate and up to date.
- Assist HODs in creating an induction plan for new joining employee and take new employees through a comprehensive induction on joining.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, sports teams support, company philanthropic giving, and administration.
- Prepare information and inputs for the salary budgets and ensure compliance to the approved salary budgets; give focus on pay for performance and salary benchmarks where available. Ensure adherence to corporate guideline on salary adjustments and promotions and coordinate increments and promotions of all staff.
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline.
- Maintain and develop leading HR systems and process to address the effective management of people.
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations and employee relations.
- Provide counsel and assistance to employees at all levels in accordance with the companys policies and procedures as well as relevant legislation.
Oversee Central HR Administration:
- Employee offer letters
- Salary letters and employment contracts
- Approve updated organization charts on a monthly basis and maintain complete/accurate personnel records.
- Provide counseling and guidance as a support to managers in case of disciplinary issues.
- Coordinate company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
Qualifications & Qualities
- Graduate in Commerce or Economics with a Postgraduate qualification in Human Resources Management
- Must have at least 15 years experience in HR with 5 years experience in a similar position. Nigeria experience is preferable.
- IT skills must include above average ability to work on Excel Spreadsheets, MS Word and use of Power Point. Exposure to ERP/SAP will be added advantage
- Fluent in spoken English and adept at written skills in English. Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage
- Ideally, exposure of working within a multi-cultural environment
- Very effective written and verbal communication skills
- In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must be a self-motivated, confident, enthusiastic and able to work independently with minimal supervision, be able to train and lead the team forward.
- Acts with honour and character
- A person of high integrity who is direct and truthful but at the same time can keep confidences.
Job Title: B2B Sales Executive
Department: Sales (Preforms & Closures)
- The role is a newly established position with the primary objective of supporting the B2B Head of Sales and Marketing in the sales function for the preforms and closures business vertical.
- The individual is expected to provide support towards the achievement of sales growth and profitability in driving new business in line with company vision and values.
- The individual will need to execute the overall B2B sales strategy and sales management in order to expand the customer base in the market.
Under the leadership of Head of Sales and Marketing, the individual will be required to carry out the following for the B2B market:
- Execute the group’s B2B sales strategy in order to maximize sales.
- Provide support in B2B customer interaction and improved relationships.
- Execute the sales policies, processes, tools and techniques.
- Develop new business channels through identification of lead generation and conversion into new accounts. Management of a robust prospect pipeline and conversion to sales.
- Meet key B2B customers and provide insights with our offerings on preforms and closures product range and identify schemes and other solutions which we can offer including our existing customer base.
- Assess business potential of our existing product range and customers in Nigeria.
- Define the group’s position as top of mind with key accounts.
- Resolve issues or problems faced by customers in order to meet customer and business objectives.
- Carry out SWOT analysis of the competition and compare with company’s preforms and closures product category, with a view to maximizing the group’s product and revenue potential.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual sales budget, by SKU and by location.
- Assist in sales forecasting and monthly/quarterly sales reporting.
- Monitor customer activities and post sales follow up with customers.
- Liaise with appropriate warehouse staff on inventory and supply related matters.
- Ensure product pricing is competitive where there is competition for a product. Maximize pricing opportunities where our products command a higher position compared to our competitor’s product.
- Cross-check & approve customer sales orders, invoices & delivery waybills, as well as following up and confirming customer payments.
- Keep track of sales budgets and ensure the Order-to-Payment cycle is followed strictly.
- Provide inputs daily on B2B order balances and collections.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual sales report with Head of Sales.
- Manage and compile internal reports, as required.
Qualifications, Desired Skills and Experience
- Should have at least 5-7 years of experience in sales and marketing.
- An MBA with a degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business administration, advertising or a related field is required.
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of marketing and sales techniques and concepts.
- Must be self-motivated, confident, enthusiastic and able to work independently with minimal supervision. A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge being able to use programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Tally ERP9 is desirable.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
Job Title: Shift Engineer
Reports To: Plant Manager
- The Shift Engineer will be responsible to support Plant Manager for all production activities on the shop floor.
- It will be his responsibility to ensure all manpower and machines are up and running to maximum efficiency levels with minimum downtime.
- To be willing to work in day or night shift as per company’s requirement.
- Responsible for the optimum production of injection moulding machines.
- Set and monitor processing parameters on all injection machines to achieve shift targets.
- Responsible for ensuring that quality checks are carried out and product quality is maintained as per company standards on the shop floor.
- Ability to operate injection moulding machines, moulds, hot runner systems, diesel and gas generators, air compressors, scrap grinders, cooling towers and water pumps.
- Verify the machine wise shift production and machine wise shift rejection, keeping shift rejection within acceptable norms.
- Verify the production department attendance and advise head of department on any labour-related issues.
- Supervise the production team consisting of a minimum of 100 people.
Raw Material Consumption:
- Ensure that sufficient raw material is made available to production department.
Qualifications, Desired Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in operating all production-related equipment as stated above.
- Experience and exposure in the supervision of a team of at least 100 efficiently.
- A person with basic computer knowledge being able to use programs such as Email, MS Excel and Word would be an advantage.
Deadline: 30th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.