The Federal College of Education, Yola was established in 1974, and occupies a land area of 155 hectares along the Jimeta-Yola Road Adamawa State. The Vision of the College is to be a leading College in Africa in the training of efficient and creative teachers, and the promotion of professionalism, research and community services.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day performance of his / her duties
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and head of the Registry Department.
- The Registrar is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Registry
- Functions as Secretary to the College Governing Council
- Functions as Secretary to other statutory Committees
- Responsible for keeping all records of the College
- Issuing of Certificate of Service, Results and Transcript
- Interpreting extant rules
- Any Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
To be eligible for appointment as College Registrar, the candidate must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Art subjects from any recognized institution of higher learning
- A relevant Master’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years cognate work experience
- Possession of a Doctoral Degree is an added advantage.
- Must have been a Deputy Registrar on CONTEDISS 15, from a College of Education system
- Evidence of continuous mandatory professional development
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Must be a member of recognized professional body in the relevant field
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifty nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, beginning from the effective date of assumption to duty and On such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment and may be renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
- The Conditions of Service are as obtainable in the Federal Colleges of Education system
- Candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the Office of the College Registrar.
Job Title: Provost
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructure and academic matters and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Councils’ decisions / directives under sound financial discipline and management
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its committees are serviced.
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidates should possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized university in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College
- He / she should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education. The possession of a professional Teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), in addition to registration as a Professional Teacher with TRCN are mandatory
- Candidate must not be above the age of fifty-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching / research experience in a College of Education system; and in addition must have held a senior teaching / research and top administrative post in a College of Education system as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources
- Candidates must show evidence of goad track record in result oriented researches reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer with at least five (5) years cognate experience
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of members of staff and students of the College
- He / she must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests
- Candidate must be proficient in Information Communication Technology packages and capacities
- Candidate should show evidence of Community Service – both local and National Development
- Candidate must be a man / woman of vision, a goal getter, and one that can execute a strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for tenure of four (4) years in the first instance, but the candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance
Salary / Remuneration
- The salary / remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria and may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Deadline: 21st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in soft copy on read only compact disks (two 2 Nos.) and twenty (20) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status, and Number of Children, indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Telephone Numbers and e-mail address
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications and Distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies
- Work Experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer – Status and Salary
- Extra Curricular activities
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” on the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Federal College of Education,
Yola, Adamawa State.
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.