Laim Hotel, Osogbo – We are a 5 STAR hotel that constantly anticipate our customer’s expectations by offering superior services, with exceptional facilities and innovations that consistently exceed these expectations.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Executive
Location: Osogbo, Osun
Report to: Financial Controller
- Manage and provide efficient, prompt, trouble-free, courteous and quality accounting Service
- To implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with company standards.
- To monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Must obtain competitive quotations for the hotel requirement and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- To call for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- Must ensure that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Must receive market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arrange for the delivery of those items daily.
- Must ensure that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Must research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
- Must obtain written approval for established Minimum/Maximum stock levels by the Financial Controller and Operations Manager.
- Must ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
- Must check, explain if needed and approve delivered items discrepancy report issued by Cost Controller regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Must approve all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, and category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock.
- Must verify the Сpending ordersТ report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- Must identify items for standing orders utilizing vendorТs logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Must issue regularly slow moving item lists.
- Must ensure validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Must verify that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filled according to policy and procedure requirement.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must maintain all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Must keep all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Must be responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorized issue requests).
- To approve all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
Security, Health And Safety:
- Maintain high confidentiality in regards to Hotel Management privacy.
- Notifies the Financial Controller, Cost Controller and Operations Manager regarding loopholes, errors, and misconducts.
- Fully understands the hotelТs fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows appropriate procedures to provide for the security and safety of the Hotel Management accounts/finance.
- Application of hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
- Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities
- Informs guests about the hotel and its surroundings if requested.
- Stays current with activities in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift.
- Attends meetings and training required by the Operations Manager, Financial Controller, Cost Controller and Hotel Management.
- Continuously seeks to endeavor professionalism in own job function
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance (i.e. hospitals, stations, tourist sights)
- Hotel and corporate marketing and promotional programs
- Corporate clients and clients generating high business volume Union Agreements.
- Minimum qualification of B.Sc in any related discipline.
Job Title: Gym Instructor
Report to: Front Office Manager / Manager on duty.
- Watch clients do exercises and show or tell them correct techniques to minimize injury and improve fitness.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on sports, recreational activities and the use of exercise equipment.
- Give clients information or resources about nutrition, weight control and life issues.
- Knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services to answer guest inquiries.
- Monitors clients progre
Job Title: Cook
Report to: Executive Chef
- The cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures.
- Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift.
- Taking orders from wait staff or computerized system
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive
- Dressing order for presentation
- Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
- Reordering stock and food supplies
- Monitoring other cooks and team members
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed.
- Working experience within the hospitality sector will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Pool Attendant
Report to: Front Office Manager
- The pool attendant performs guest safety and recreational work supervising, and enforcing regulations at a hotel pool as well as providing for the guest comfort.
- Manage and provide efficient, prompt, trouble-free, courteous and quality swimming pool service
- Observes and patrols the swimming pool area and enforces safety regulations.
- Assists swimmers from water when in danger.
- Greet all guests upon arrival, distribute towels, offer assistance with seating and delivering consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations, and providing all other support services.
- Provide excellent service consistent with the hotel standards operating procedures and brand attributes.
- Knowledgeable of pool facilities such as length and depth of pools how many laps it takes to make complete a mile in meters and feet etc.
- Knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services to answer guest inquiries.
- Pool side bar hours of operation, location of facilities and emergency procedure for rescue.
- Willing to take ownership of all guest request and complaints, try to resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring cleanliness, setting up and safety of the pool area and facilities.
- Identify and report defects throughout the pool area, notify supervisors and concerned department of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affects the operations
- Knowledge and principles of resuscitation, First Aid and CPR/PR techniques.
- Facilitate and maintain consistent pool safety programs, trainings and documentation to ensure the overall safety of guests in the pool area.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies and legal requirement.
- Work closely with other departments that are essential to ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, towels, replacing flags, and cleaning signs.
- Knowledge of swimming pool equipment sufficient to be able to perform minor maintenance work on equipment.
- Minimum qualification of B.Sc. or HND and must have worked in such similar role before.
Job Title: Plumber
Report to: Maintenance Manager
- He is able to study blueprints to understand the structure of a water supply or drainage system for the hotel.
- He should follow up the testing of plumbing systems to identify leaks and other faults.
- He should have a range of equipment/tools among which include wrench, spade, rule, and saw.
- He should be able to use equipment in measuring, cutting, threading, and assembling pipes and other plumbing structures.
- He should be able to drill or cut holes in walls/floor to make room for the passage of pipes.
- He should be able to troubleshoot plumbing fixtures to perform repair or replacement of damaged components.
- He oversee the selection and procurement of materials required for a plumbing installation / repair.
- He should be able to install plumbing systems such as sinks, toilets, tubs, and also install supports and hangers for plumbing fixtures and pipes.
- He perform scheduled maintenance to ensure plumbing equipment are functioning efficiently.
- His description also entails operating and monitoring pressure gauges in order to identify leaks and fix them.
- He should be able to evaluate all installations to ensure appropriate pipe sizes and grades are used.
- Minimum of SSCE or Trade Test holder with working experience in a similar role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.