Kaduna State Government is one of the major states in Nigeria. One etymological account states that Kaduna derived its name from the Gbayi ethnic group, which has lived there for centuries. The state is locate in North Western Nigeria.
In line with the Kaduna State Government’s reforms in Basic Education, the Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) wishes to invite applications from suitable and qualified candidates for the vacant position of:
Job Title: Education Secretary
Locations: Kudan and Makarfi Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs) in the State
The Education Secretary shall be responsible for the day–to–day administration of the affairs of the Local Government Education Authority (LGEA). In this role, the Education Secretary shall:
- Ensure proper implementation of Educational programmes and other Government policies.
- Ensure effective communication of Basic Education sector programme.
- Give quarterly reports to the Local Government Council Chairman and State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) on planned activities and administrative challenges related to Basic Education delivery.
- Coordinate, initiate and collaborate with all stakeholders on education matters.
- Participate regularly at meetings with SUBEB.
- Ensure qualitative delivery of Basic Education programmes and policies.
Qualifications And Experience
Candidates shall be serving officers of GL.14 and above and must possess the following:
- A degree in Education from any accredited, reputable Institution
- At least ten (10) years teaching experience
- Proven ability in Sector Planning, Human Resource Management and Organizational Development
- ICT compliance
- Registration with the Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).
Conditions of Service
As obtainable in the Kaduna State Public Service, the appointment is for a period of five (5) years and shall be eligible for reappointment for another period of five years, based on satisfactory performance.
Deadline: 31st August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates send ten (10) copies of typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae to:
The Office of the Chairman,
Kudan Local Government Council,
The Office of the Chairman,
Makarfi Local Government Council,
And also forward three copies to:
The Office of the Executive Chairman,
Important Information / Notice
- Applicants are to provide in their CV, names of three (3) referees, at least two of whom should attest to the applicant’s professional/ academic standing and character.
- The referees will be requested to send their confidential reports to the “Local Government Council Chairmen” and copy same to the “Executive Chairman of SUBEB – Tijjani Mohammed Abdullahi”.