Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra.
We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team within the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting to: CEO
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect for new clients by networking, and using other acceptable means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately converting them into clients;
- Careful strategic planning and positioning of Synapse in the healthcare market, enhancing the operation of the business, while Identifying new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and business growth.
- Develop and execute quarterly marketing plans and actions that ensure established targets are achieved.
- Collaborates with internal physicians and team leads to develop strategic initiatives that drive new business. Works closely with the internal physicians and clinical staff to help resolve barriers for admissions and/or business opportunities.
- Be involved in generating relevant partnership proposals with support from the clinical team
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth while meeting the market’s needs;
- Develop and implement community workshops and seminars, with a bid to grow business;
- Supports the pre-admissions function to assure that the rehabilitation hospital is responsive to the needs of the referring hospital, referral sources and patients.
- Builds relationships with referring physicians, case managers, therapists, administrators and nurses to increase awareness of services and promote business opportunities.
- Maintains database of key referral sources.
- Conduct marketing research and analyses to ensure that the hospital is competitive in the marketplace;
- Be a lead in expanding our services nationwide.
- Ensure business/sales targets are met by the team
- Increase Synapse Bed Occupancy;
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers while:
- Thinking strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Working strategically – carrying out necessary planning and implementation to sign off businesses
- Draw up business proposals and client contracts, strategically aimed at new customer acquisition
- Develop short and long-term management and organizational plans to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with hospital goals and objectives.
- Assist in managing existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive;
- Provide support that will continually improve the existing relationship;
- Make recommendations to Management on services that meet, predict and mirrors current clients’ future needs;
- Ensure the continuous refinement of the service rendered by the Facility;
- Minimum of a Master’s degree preferably in marketing or any health related course
- 5 years Post NYSC experience
- Evidence that you have worked in a corporate environment
- Minimum of 3- 5 years working experience as a Business Development Manager
- Emotionally mature and a team player
- Evidence that you have managed a team of people
- Effectively work with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail i.e. the ability to produce high quality proposals and reports with minimum supervision
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to effectively manage competing demands
- Be social media savvy
- Excellent Business Development and Relationship Management skills
- Experience in managing external client relations
- Experience in developing and converting business opportunities
- Experience in contributing towards strategic planning
- Ability to lead, manage, and motivate staff
Job Title: Speech Therapist
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting to: Clinical Lead
- Assessing, diagnosing, screening, and preventing language, speech, and swallowing disorders.
- Communicating with the patient, and liaising with their family members, physicians, and teachers to design effective treatment plans.
- Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative techniques to provide the best care.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field by conducting research, and expanding professional and academic networks.
- Educating patients and their families on speech disorders and available therapies.
- Taking detailed notes on patient history and progress.
- Undertaking patient’s assessment, maintaining records and case notes.
- Evaluating patient progress and implementing changes to therapy programs as required.
- Master’s degree in Speech Therapy or Speech-language Pathology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ cognate experience
- Relevant certification and member of a professional body i.e SPAAN
- Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
- Familiarity with database management software.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to conduct research
- Ability to work with patients from different backgrounds
Deadline: 24th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CVs to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title – location e.g “Business Development Manager- Port Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.