Adker – Our client, a multinational FMCG Company based in Lagos is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The Legal Counsel role will assist and support the Senior Legal Counsel in legal drafting, legal negotiation and management of contract documents for all company operations.
- This role will work closely with and support multiple members of the Legal, Commercial, Procurement, Industrial, Finance/Treasury, Project Management, Logistics team among others.
- B.L, LL.B from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 5 years post-bar work experience with at least 3 years in a top-tier commercial law firm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in handling regulatory matters
- Analytical and research skills required.
- Experience negotiating commercial and complex contracts
- Demonstrate ability to handle and close commercial and legal negotiations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, fluid and collegian corporate culture
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results driven environment
- Ability to draft and close commercial agreements with minimal support from senior staff
- Ability to think and decide quickly and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills’
- Develop standard templates for contracts, including payment terms, general terms and conditions.
- Review, revise and update Contract Drafting and Execution Policies to align with the the organization Standards/Policies.
- Review, mark-up/draft (from scratch), negotiate and close commercial/procurement contracts, including master service agreements, Engineering, Procurement & Construction Contracts, Power Purchase Agreements etc.
- Oversee Drafting, negotiating contractual terms with third party suppliers which protect the Company from a commercial and contractual perspective including strategy, risk and mitigation analysis, internal reviews and liaison with all subject matter experts in their various disciplines.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into the company’s transactions.
- Educate company’s executives as regards legal and risk management issues with regards Contract Documents.
- Structure third party transactions to be most advantageous to the company from a legal and business perspective.
- Counsel, advise, and consult company executives based on the accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity.
- Be responsible for updating, managing and utilizing the Document Management System- the documentation execution process registry for all contracts across the business.
- Provide practical, business-oriented legal/commercial contract advice to internal clients.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to minimize risks.
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision making among legal, finance and other teams within the business.
- Develop, assess and negotiate contracts on non-disclosure, consulting, service, consignments, terms and conditions and commercial documents.
- Ensure consistency of contract terms with company policies and goals.
- Expedite and review contracts from company’s suppliers, customers and parties.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our client