Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Marketing / Strategy
Job Type: Full Time
Gender: Male or Female
- The Head, Marketing / Strategy will be responsible for assisting the General Manager, Business & Strategy with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining corporate strategic initiatives
- This unique background takes a multitude of operating experiences, and must include being both a creative thinker and an influential collaborator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicating and implementing a company’s strategy internally and externally so that all relevant units (Advert, Sales, Commercial Printing, Brand & Research), as well as clients, customers and agencies understand the company-wide strategic plan and how it carries out the company’s overall goals.
- Driving decision-making that creates medium- and long-term improvement of our business
- Establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities and translating them into a comprehensive strategic plan.
- Monitoring the execution of the strategic plan.
- Facilitating and driving key strategic initiatives through inception phase to execution.
- Ensuring departmental/unit strategic planning projects reflect organisational strategic priorities.
- Partnering with media agencies, institutional leaderships, MDAs, organisations, special committees, and consultants to support execution of key initiatives.
- Developing inclusive planning processes.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of our media activities through regular collation and review of key performance indicators and qualitative feedback.
- Plan and coordinate the marketing budgets.
- Research market to identify new opportunities.
- Generate innovative ideas to promote our brand and products.
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels.
- Translating strategies into actionable and quantitative plans.
- Mobilising and managing teams of individuals charged with executing strategies.
- Acting as a resource across the organisation to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans.
- Providing support to the General Manager, Business & Strategy to ensure our digital communications are effective and reaching our target audiences.
- Liaise with internal teams and ensure brand consistency.
- Design and implement marketing strategies aligned with business targets.
- Analyse sales and marketing metrics.
- Design a strategy to attract new customers.
- Forecast market trends.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Economics / Business Administration or a relevant discipline. A Master’s Degree or an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 11 years cognate experience with at least 5 years at mid-management level in a media organisation, media agency or consulting firm.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is important.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating media strategies.
- Experience of providing strategic media advice and counsel to top management personnel.
- A detailed knowledge of the company’s business development and philosophy.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools;
- Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
- Computer literacy and knowledgeable about Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online