Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians – put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä’s purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor 1, CD
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
- We are looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor.
- As a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, you will be a member of the Maintenance team ensuring quality maintenance of the customer’s engines either daily or periodic, minor and major maintenance activities while observing all Wartsila and site safety rules.
- This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is located at Ewekoro near Lagos, Nigeria.
Required Educational Qualification
- HND / B.Eng / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or any related discipline
- Achieving results
- Making change happen
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and target setting
- Developing self and others
- Situational and cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer focus
The main responsibilities are as listed:
- Coordinate the daily mechanical maintenance activities to ensure that the equipment, machinery and instruments functions reliably and safely at the plant. Ensure that the facilities, buildings and plant are in good working order.
- Inspect completed work to check that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts, and tools that are used by maintenance workers in their day-to-day activities.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Prepare the various maintenance reports and ensures follow up of all actions.
- Follow-up and optimize the maintenance costs of the plant.
- Maximo update and task completion of maintenance activities.
- Train new workers in the organization’s operating procedures and standards.
- Identify and actively seek to improve maintenance reliability and plant availability.
Deadline: 28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online