Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MRB Study Data Analyst Consultant
- The TIPTOP project aims to reduce malaria during pregnancy significantly by increasing pregnant women’s access to quality assured Sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine through a community directed intervention that complements existing comprehensive antenatal care in reaching more women and their babies with the lifesaving medicines.
- The project aims to test the hypothesis that the use of community health workers to identify and refer pregnant women to attend antenatal care (ANC); and distribute quality assured SP to eligible pregnant women who could not attend ANC can increase IPTp coverage in project districts without decreasing ANC contacts.
- Jhpiego is conducting a study on the effect of community distribution by community health workers on IPTp3 uptake in Ohaukwu, Ebonyi State Nigeria, and is seeking for a Consultant Data Analyst to analyze and interpret the study data.
- The Consultant Data Analyst will be responsible for preparing Data analysis Plan and Dummy Tables before study, and after study, data cleaning, analysis, and interpretation.
- Post Graduate degree in Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in related field
- Experience working as a data analyst in the INGO sector is a required
- Proficiency in the use of SPSS, STATA, SAS.
- 10-15 publications in high impact peer review journals.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a very complex environment
- Ability to write activity report
- Ability to work under the pressure, with minimum supervision and on-distance;
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
- Strong computer literacy and data analytical proficiency
The key tasks for the Data Analyst Consultant will include:
- Participate in virtual / Physical meetings and trainings with the study team for ongoing discussions
- Participate in field activities for about 3 days.
- Prepare the Data Analysis plan and Dummy tables and share with the study team
- Analyze and interpret study data, and share with study team
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Deadline: Monday, 31st August, 2020 (Close of Business).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job title e.g. “MRB Study Data Analyst Consultant” as the subject of the email.
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.