The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organisation Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Laboratory Network Administrative Assistant
- The Nigeria Centre for Control is Nigeria’s national public health institute and responsible for the prevention, detection, and control of public health emergencies in the country.
- The laboratory network subdivision of the NCDC is responsible for increasing and coordinating the laboratory network function for all IDSR and emerging priority diseases.
- Under the NCDC laboratory network advisor’s supervision, and with overall oversight form the director of laboratory services, the national laboratory network administrative assistant will undertake the underlisted tasks:
- Support administrative functions of the laboratory network, such as the development of concept notes, program activities, budgets, meeting notes and minutes etc.
- Support program development and management for laboratory related activities
- Support operations for expansion of the laboratory network, including laboratory assessments, reports, and improvement plans
- Maintain a database of all contact persons at all laboratories within the NCDC network of collaborating laboratories
- Support the planning of assessment/accreditation visits and missions including developing travel itinerary, contacting laboratories etc.
- Maintain daily work schedule for the laboratory network
- Follow up on all laboratory network activities, including requests and permissions, and provide feedback to the laboratory network advisor and the director, laboratory services
- Perform any other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
Deadline: 26th August, 2020.