A reputable College in Garki area of Abuja is recruiting qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Teacher
Location: Garki, Abuja
We require teachers in the following subject areas:
- Basic Science
- Basic Technology
- Physical & Health Education
- Home Economics
- Christian Religious Studies
- Social Studies
- Security Education
- Fine Arts
- Business Education/Studies
- Maintain classroom records, cleanliness and orderliness
- Prepare coursework, tests and examinations for classes
- Teach both physically and virtually
- Hold one-on-one sessions with students to keep them on track as necessary.
- Meet with parents or guardians to discuss students’ academic progress, remedial issues and behavior problems when necessary.
- Ensure a safe learning environment in the classroom.
- Enhance learning abilities, healthy habits and morals in children.
- Plan, develop and implement appropriate curriculum.
- On top of this you will also have to arrange any extra curricular activities and set targets for your students.
- Must be resident within Garki axis
- The candidate should be well-grounded in classroom management and school procedures.
- Applicants must have NCE, a minimum of Second Class Lower B.Ed, or B.Sc. with PGDE and at least 2 years experience teaching in a Secondary school
- Ability to use Smart boards and 21st Century teaching methods
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students’ attention
- Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes. Writing skills are critical.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
- Computer and Internet literacy.
Deadline: 26th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified teachers should send in their CV with an Application Letter on the body of the email to: email@example.com Subject of the email should be subject you are applying for.