Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and tocompile a report outlining the workshop’s proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operations Intern
Duration: 6 months
- Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future.
- To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
- Supports general office functions including administrative, logistics, procurement and maintenance of assets.
- She/he helps ensure that office communications run smoothly, both internally, with beneficiaries and the general public.
- BA/B.Sc. in Business Administration, Marketing or any related degree.
- At least 1-year post NYSC experience working with an INGO.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Proficiency with MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Possess positive attitude, Self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker, confident in dealing with people.
- Support the inventory management system of the organization by monitoring stock of supplies, ordering supplies, and distributing supplies where necessary
- Provide facility management support to the organization.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Liaise with vendors to provide service to the office.
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments when necessary.
- Prepare payment documents for goods and services.
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Assist in staff and visitors’ travel management within the country and out.
- Assist with the update of all maintenance records on all equipment.
- Carry out asset verification on a regular basis and maintain an accurate assets register.
- Provides support in organizing travel and stay (hotel reservations) for project staff
- Support the operations unit in maintenance and repair or replacement of equipment.
- Carry out market survey and review of submitted quotations
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
Deadline: 28th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- The deadline for submission is close of business on Friday 28th August 2020, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications Must be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants Must indicate the position applied for on the Subject of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age.