Stakeholder Democracy Network is a non-profit organisation with over a decades experience in Niger Delta affairs and expertise in the environmental, social and economic issues impacting upon the region.
SDN supports the efforts of those affected by the extractives industry and weak governance. We work with governments, companies, communities and other stakeholders to ensure the promotion and protection of human rights. Our work currently focuses on the Niger Delta.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Development Specialist
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- This is an exciting opportunity to consolidate, grow and shape SDN’s fundraising and project development work. The Programme Development Specialist role leads the development of new projects and fundraising activities, working closely with Senior Project Officers and other members of the programmes team in Port Harcourt, and with SDN’s Research and Policy Officers in the UK. This role is central in managing the project identification and design process, developing potential partnerships, coordinating the development of funding proposals to donors. The role also supports the Programmes Director and Programmes Manager in developing and managing donor relationships.
- Based in Port Harcourt, with a possibility in future to discuss a time split between Port Harcourt and Abuja, you will have existing donor networks, significant experience of the design and development of new projects (for example, situation analysis, the logical framework approach, theories of change), working with others to support them to design high-quality new projects, and developing successful funding proposals.
To lead the design of high-quality projects which will maximise SDN’s impact in the Niger Delta, and to secure funding which enables SDN to deliver these projects. This role has three key objectives:
- To lead and support the identification and design of new, high-impact projects
- To lead the development of high-quality funding proposals, both to respond to donor funding calls and to proactively pitch to donors
- To work with the Programmes Manager and Director to build donor relationships, and to identify and track funding opportunities aligned with SDN’s strategic priorities, and coordinate SDN’s fundraising pipeline processes
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Fundraising and Project Development 80%
- External Relations and Communications 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-10 years of work experience
Deadline: 30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Your cover letter should be a maximum of one page and explain how your experience, skills and achievements match the person specification.