Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 4.8 million farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Manager
- The plant quality manager is ensuring compliance to quality norms, policies and procedures of the company with the objective of achieving a quality culture to achieve consistent quality with zero defect in collaboration with all stakeholders by constantly developing, planning and implementing quality systems & processes and training of plant personnel.
- Develop, plan and implement quality systems to meet Safety standards in line with GFSI guidelines.
- Closely interact with other functions including R&D, Manufacturing, Sourcing, etc., and seek their inputs on improvement/ development of Quality Systems and Processes. Setup, maintain and operate lab to meet all requirements of testing of incoming, in-process and finished goods consistently.
- Coordination with external laboratories and external calibration agencies for all other testing requirements.
- Ensure safety requirements including PRPs, audit processes (factory, market, warehouse, etc.), conducting root cause analysis, implementing corrective action plan, review compliance status for all the quality related observations and lead the process of sharing observations with all stakeholders for implementation/closure.
- Continuously improve quality awareness and standards including sensory evaluation of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods.
- Support vendor quality improvement programs and looking for opportunities for improvement with vendors
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers working with Plant Head to implement the company’s policies and goals seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cheap yet quality service.
- Any Graduate / Postgraduate with around 12-15 years of experience in Rice industry
- Good communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, assertiveness, negotiating capability. Thorough Knowledge of Rice Milling, Rice and Paddy Procurement, rice processing, planning & execution of whole range of activities including Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing Equipment, Process know-how, Quality systems and Manpower Build up
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online