Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service Real Estate Development company who specializes in the entire lifecycle of Real Estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management, is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring the position below:
Job Title: Real Estate & Corporate Finance Legal Associate
Ref Id: BS/005/LA
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria.
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Experienced
Summary / Objective
- The Real Estate & Corporate Finance Legal Associate will be the driving force of the legal department and handle all legal company correspondences, including liaising with external counsel and will work closely with managing partners and team members.
- Liaising with the external solicitor and take ownership of the company’s legal activities.
- Drafting, reviewing, vetting and executing all legal instrument for the company.
- Giving sound legal opinion and advisory to the management and stakeholders.
- Attending company meetings that involve compliance and legal implications, including transactions, negotiations and Board meeting.
- Taking ownership of sensitive legal and compliance documents.
- Driving the company’s legal and compliance processes.
- Liaising with clients in contract drafting and reviewing and ensure successful execution.
- Liaising with external solicitors to ensure efficient and successful closure to litigation matters.
- Filing of company’s returns in accordance with the Companies and Allied Matters Act.
- Handling all police affairs where applicable for the company.
- Undertaking searches in Land Registry.
- Providing legal advice concerning the company’s matter including but not limited to business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Interpreting laws, rulings and regulations for the company.
- Representing the company in court or before government agencies.
- Searching for and examining public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.
- Performing administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Communicating with the company’s clients as may be required from time to time.
- Conducting research and analysis of legal problems.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The candidate is required to have a minimum of 5 – 10 Years’ Experience.
- Specialist experience in Real Estate and Corporate finance legal advisory.
- Candidates must have a broad knowledge of the law, time management, and sense of ownership for the job.
- Experience of standard forms of contract
- Applicants should possess or hold an LLB degree from a reputable university and a BL from Nigerian Law School. Possession of LLM added advantage.
- Professional member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
Deadline: 15th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Real Estate & Corporate Finance Legal Associate” as the subject of your mail.